[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable is being honest and "nonmanipulative" when

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: relationshit.jpg (36KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
relationshit.jpg
36KB, 500x350px
How viable is being honest and "nonmanipulative" when dating?

Dating kinda sucks for everyone. Unless you're a sociapathic player, and that means you're one of the reasons dating sucks for everyone else.

Anyways, men lie to impress, and women play hard to get.
And then there's all the rules. If you're a man, you should flirt by touching your dates arm, tease her and act like you aren't really all that interested. And then you should go in for a sudden kiss and hope you don't get pepper sprayed.
Oh and when texting you can't answer too soon either, because that will make you too pushy or make you seem like you don't have a life.

Aight, I could go on and on about everything that's phony about dating.
But what would happen if I -for an example- asked a girl after a date "now that we've met, how interested are you in me?" or maybe "After this date, would you take the initiative to ask me out on a second date or are you going to slowly stop answering my calls/messages so that I'll have a nervous breakdown from overanalyzing what all possible things I did wrong"?
And asking this after assuring her that you can handle rejection.

Wouldn't this be better for everyone? Or would I just be digging my own grave?
>>
>>23033576
I found a relationship like that on 4chan.
No idea where it'll take us, but we're being bluntly honest and are still interested.
>>
I don't think there's any rule book to follow. If I have to memorize a routine of entertaining and impressing a girl and making the right moves at the right times then she's probably not for me.

If you're just trying to bang then you don't really care what happens since they're not important to your life. You can go out on a limb and the worst thing that happens is that you get rejected and you don't get sex and must try again.

But if you're doing the same thing for a girl you're genuinely interested in, and you really have to go out of your comfort zone and like scratch up some fantastical scenario for her to think you're amazing and if she dates you she'll be living a life of nonstop fun and wonder, you're just living a lie that can only go on for so long.
>>
>>23033576
Honesty is best so long as delivery is good. Not saying things your afraid to say because you're afraid people will leave you is an obstacle to progress. Manipulation is great if you don't want it for yourself or anyone you're involved with.
>>
>>23033590
I'm very glad to hear that your relationships "foundation" is brutal honesty and is working out!

>>23033603
Well you say that, but these things comes more naturally for some and not for others.
Someone might not be a very touchy-feely guy, and perhaps wont do the things that the average person would consider to be a display of interest. When in reality the guy very much is interested.
It's the whole deal with doing things because they're widely expected from you.

>>23033605
Of course you should never lie, but manipulation is more than that. Like not showing how interested you are because she'll interpret that as being too upfront, or pushy and desperate.
>>
>>23033576
OP I don't really know how dating works, I guess just dress well and be aggressive and confident, do what you want and eventually someone will pike what you're doing.
>>
Rules?

If i like a chick i just tell her
If i want to talk to her ill text her or call.

If she plays hard to get she aint worth my time, i hate rejection but i hate wasting my time more, and if she cant handle me saying im interested she isnt worth my time

And if she just says "eh sorry dudebro i dont like you like that" thats cool just saved us time

If everyone could just be honest shit would be easier
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.