[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American living in Europe where they don't celebrate. Can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Thanksgiving.jpg (534KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Thanksgiving.jpg
534KB, 2000x1000px
American living in Europe where they don't celebrate. Can't be bothered to make a proper dinner myself when only I'll be eating it.

Post pics of your meals/food/dishes so I can feast with my eyes.

Alternatively, what do you/your family make for Thanksgiving?

Or even better; Share terrible/awkward Thanksgiving stories
>>
>>22854645
Nobody gives two shits about thanksgiving
>>
>>22854654
So says you!

Best food on the god damn earth
>>
There's literally a whole board for cooking
>>
>>22854645
Do a thanksgiving with your European friends they love this shit. It might be hard to get a turkey but it can be done.
>>
>>22854661>>22854679
Lul. I don't know about gayfags like French fucks, but where I'm from nobody cares for this shit.
>>
>>22854699
Oh we don't give a shit about thanksgiving, but if you're talking about stuffing our faces till we can't walk anymore we'll be there.
>>
>>22854645
>where they don't celebrate
>implying thanksgiving has anything to do with any country except America

inb4 the Canadians have their own version.
>>
I like this thread and think it shouldn't be down on page 10 like it is now, so here goes.

What we make:
>turkey
>dressing
>sweet potato casserole
>green bean casserole
>regular green beans
>rolls
>two kinds of cranberry sauce
>4 kinds of pickles
>assorted other vegetables
>spiced apple cider
>pecan pie
>some kind of fruit pie
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Spent the day making this lovely 25 pound bird. It was indeed a success!!
>>
Don't have pics but I'll chime in.

I'm from Louisiana so we have superior food all year round in the form of Cajun and other southern style cooking. Thanksgiving is actually the one family food fest in which we eat something that the rest of the nation would consider "normal" but with some divergences.

My family is very religious, so they all use the holiday to be thankful to God for their many blessings, and pretty much don't give a fuck about the history behind it. We had dressing, cornbread, chicken and dumplings, turkey of course but also a wild turkey that we hunted, buttered bread rolls, a ham, broccoli and cheese casserole, crawfish and sausage gumbo, and for dessert we had pies of all kinds, including Mississippi Mud.

Our large family all gather into a small house, as is the tradition of all our holidays, and bring food together that the women cooked (unless it's a crawfish boil, a hog hanging, barbeque, or a fish fry, in which case the men do the cooking). US football and James Bondathons play on TV in the background as we all talk about family, politics, religion, and the children.... All while stuffing our faces. We have lunch at noon, go home to nap, then go back for dinner to stuff our faces again.

It's a good holiday, one that my family considers second only to Christmas, when we have just as much food as Thanksgiving, but there are also gifts involved.
>>
>>22858630
I'm a New Yorker and I think that sounds delicious. I've always liked Cajun food, I want to visit New Orleans one day just for the cuisine.

My girlfriend and I made a chicken and sausage gumbo for Thanksgiving this year. We were already getting enough turkey and stuffing and potato dishes from our families, so we wanted to try something different and she found a decent recipe for it online. Didn't come out as good as we hoped but it was still pretty tasty, and I think we managed to do well enough for our first try.
>>
>>22858996
You should totally come down to New Orleans! Some of the nicest people you'll meet with the best food. Try alligator, boudin, crawfish, beignets... The list goes on and on.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.