[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck are you single? Don't know why? Post your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 21

File: single.png (39KB, 516x309px) Image search: [Google]
single.png
39KB, 516x309px
Why the fuck are you single?

Don't know why? Post your situation and anons will tell you why.
>>
Bad OP pic, but whatever.
>Single
>Male
>College
>Everyone ignores me/treats me like I am the antichrist if I even try to talk to them.
>Go to some club stuff for a while, ignored.
>Strike up conversations at Socials, bitched out and ignored.
>Common stuff like interests in the club, interests in general, etc.
>No friends left.
>Just overbearing family always pressuring me to find a girl.
>Oh well.
>>
>>22797668
if you got bitched out and ignored, it's possible you're not fun to talk to
are you bad with social cues?
do you talk about controversial shit when you shouldn't? do you have no grace?
also tell your senpai to fuck off in the nicest way possible. my mom's always on my case about finding a man and having a kid and raising a family. fuck outta here with that noise, ma
>>
>male
>no self esteem
>clingy as fuck

you dont have to tell me why i know im perma-undateable.
>>
>>22797625
i'm a decent looking guy in my opinion but i'm fresh out of a painful breakup, and the only human interaction i get anymore is from working at disney world where the only people i interact with are little kids or stressed out parents. not that i mind
>>
Because she says she just wants to be FWBs, even though she turns down every opportunity she's given and hasn't slept with anyone else in 2 years. Bitches got commitment issues amirite?
>>
>>22797715
yeah you need to get out and socialize m8

>>22797689
fix those last 2 and trust me you got options friend
>>
>>22797715
not that i mind the single life*
>>
File: 1382172425033.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1382172425033.gif
499KB, 500x281px
I'm still picking up the pieces of myself leftover from my last relationship.
>>
>>22797721
men do too, friend. men do too. been burned like that b4.
she prob just thinks you're the best fuck and doesn't wanna try anything new
or she's prob afraid that if she tells you, the same shit that happened to me will happen to her

>meet guy
>hit it off
>be friends
>become FWBs
>fall for him
>tell him
>he strings me along for a few years never quite starting a relationship, never quite defining what we are/will be
finally i got tired of that shit and ended it for my own goddamn sanity

>>22797729
it will pass
the pain eventually fades into something manageable. trust me.
>>
File: 1382174149235.gif (1MB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
1382174149235.gif
1MB, 1280x533px
>>22797743
I know, this was almost a year ago but it really knocked me for a loop due to the sudden nature of everything going to hell.

The one before that wasn't much better.
>>
>>22797722
those arent easy things to fix. ive tried nothing has helped me so far.

i try talking to as many girls as possible since i thought that would help my self esteem. it doesnt. and clingy idk what to do there since anytime a girl pays attention to me its like a miracle and i cant contain myself.
>>
>>22797722
yeah, been talking to a qt who also works there too but i also have to consider if i even want to be in another relationship to begin with
>>
>18 y.o male
>Last year of highschool
>Have 5 friends at most
>Usually complimented on my looks
>Resting bitch face
>Collect military related stuff
>Have had multiple girlfriends but was too pussy to ever pull a move on either of them
>Spend most days in room playing guitar alone
>>
>>22797772
dude as a chick im gonna tell you right the fuck now:
talking to the gender of your attraction will not give you magic self esteem
it's a conversation you have to have with yourself.
you need to spend time alone with yourself and make sure YOU like YOU for who YOU are. it's not about if OTHERS like you, it's about SELF-esteem.

your cling sounds like it stems from your poor self esteem. so really if you fix that you should be good to go.
you have absolutely no idea what a game changer it can be in the dating realm for someone, especially if their looks are subpar (not saying you are specifically im just throwin that out there just in case)

>>22797786
eh im in the same boat. i'm keepin it casual for now.

>>22797798
l2ppl and you should be golden, fremd
>>
>>22797729
THAT'S WHY YOU GOTTA HAVE LOTS OF SHIT SENPAI U GOTTA HAVE BACKUP BITCHES U GOTTA HAVE A SHIT TON OF MONEY U GOTTA BE FAMOUS SO DAT WHEN DEY LEAVE YOU THEY'RE LOSING MORE THAN YOU
>>
>>22797806
What is l2ppl
Sorry am new here
>>
>>22797825
LEARN HOW TO NOT BE AUTISTIC
>>
>>22797825
>>22797831
learn how to people, but yea learn how not to be autistic is a less mild way of putting it
>>
>>22797831
Yeah makes sense
How do I do unautisitfy myself?
>>
>>22797625
>20 years old look young still
>goofy/spazy
>not bad looking but a bit of a girly body
>still have 6pack tho
>dont enjoy what the majority enjoy
>absolutely love Beethoven
>smart ass
>truthful literally dont give a fuck
>dropped out 10th grade
>musician (all i do)
>smoke weed but dont flaunt it
>smoke roll your own cigarettes

Thats what i think is wrong and the fact i dont connect with anyone but complete whack jobs
>>
>>22797806
that's a good idea, i think i'll do that too
>>
>>22797806
you tried to help didnt do anything though. thanks for the effort
>>
>>22797772
self esteem thats all any male needs. Like yourself fuck the rest
>>
32/male
Lack of self esteem mainly I think, that and I'm a loner. I don't go out much and don't have a whole lot of friends.
I have a career that takes much of my time. After work I just want to come home and chill.
A cutie will make eye contact and smile at me at the grocery store, I just look away immediately. I don't know why.

I play the OKCupid game and get some sex but mostly 2-3 month relationships max. Kind of tired of messing with it really.
>>
>>22797798
are you me? except i smoke weed and keep reptiles instead of military stuff
>>
>>22797856
you do you, bro

and i wish i could go to didney wurl again but alas i am without $$$$

>>22797855
>don't connect with anyone but complete whack jobs
well there's your pattern, i dont have to say anything more
>>
>Single
>Male
>University

So I'm doing a science degree and the class sizes are rather small, so there's minimal girls in my classes and I'm friends with just about all of them. Not really interested in dating friends and they've pretty much found people anyway.

So I'm a part of quite a few societies relative to my interests (e.g Film/Scifi/Anime/Computing/Science) and I've made some very good friends this way, but again minimal girls, and none who would want to date me.

I'm being sociable, conversations are going better than ever, and like I said I'm friends with a few of girls (who are all taken). I go on lots of nights out and get drunk a few times a week, but despite this I never seem to meet any girls in the wild.

I guess I've also fallen into an LGBT crowd as most of my closest friends associate as such and I hang around with them a lot, but that shouldn't stop me from meeting girls in bars or in the club, yet I never seem to spot many or catch their eye.

The closest luck I've gotten has been from Tinder in all honesty, and I've gotten a date or two that way, but nothing long-term at all. Matches have dried up to a crawl at this point as well, so there's not much point using it.

Any advice, folks?
>>
Because I haven't asked a girl out in ages.

I don't like most people.
>>
>>22797875
lol it's that attitude that keeps the girls away i'm tellin you bro
>>22797876
this guy has it right pls learn from him

>>22797882
work on that esteem, friend. srs.

>>22797890
sounds like you don't have a self-esteem issue and generally you don't seem autistic. are you ugly or fat? ik it's considered shallow, but hey i personally ain't judge, it just might be why. some ppl just aren't into chub, you know?
>>
>>22797900
sry bud i think that one might be on you ;(
>>
Haven't found anyone I'm interested in enough that's close by or single. Mostly just interested in friends or sex at this point.
>>
Last gf moved far away for school and she couldn't deal with the distance.
Aside from that, I work a 9-5 office job and don't really get the opportunity to meet new people.
>>
>>22797888
I just like people who arent social norm zombies

Their has got to be a female for me, so far they have all been you dont fit my friends ideas so i cant risk it with you
>>
>>22797901

Actually extremely thin. Used to be fairly athletic but haven't been exercising much for a few years now, though I've still got the build/small bit of muscle. Decent height as well, about 5'7", so not too tall or small. Haven't got an amazingly attractive face, but I've been told I have a charming smile. Decent hygiene as well + soft skin (to combat an eczema situation), so not too bad from a physical point of view.
>>
>>22797901
ok well i dont like myself, and dont spew some garbage, like oh how are other people supposed to like you huurrrdurr.

nothing i ever do will make me ok with the person i am. our flaws are what make us human, but they just make me feel useless.
>>
File: 1443937808140.jpg (1MB, 2048x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1443937808140.jpg
1MB, 2048x1357px
>>22797906
I don't typically try to blindly jump into relationships like everyone else I know. I'd like to get to know someone before I consider dating them, which in modern society is just what people do while dating. Picking someone up from a bar, or going on a cheap date off tinder or okc isn't really my game. But that's also the only way people consider meeting other people.

Not to mention if a girl is single and looking she holds all the cards. So if you don't act fast enough and she isn't wooed by your first impression then she'll just toss you aside and move on to the next guy. It just sounds like typical beta talk, but honestly girls will just lose interest if you aren't sending them lovey dovey bullshit by the second day, if you're not trying to fuck them then they think you'll never want to, and since they're usually putting themselves out there on some kind of social dating media, there will be a line one hundred men long ready to grovel for them.

The number of girls I've met who just expect to meet some guy ready to cater to their every whim, tell them they're beautiful hourly, and buy them free shit on their amazon wish list is really quite astounding.

That's why I haven't asked a girl out in ages. (also I'm an obsessive weirdo with average looks and a low income)
>>
well, i cheated on my 9/10 gf because our relationship had been in the shitter for 6 months and i was tired of being tied down when i had chicks all over me, told her the next day, she sucked my dick for a week trying to get me back and i ran off with a milf, came back fucked a bunch of sluts, realized i chose an empty life, and now im broken lonely and filled with regret with no direction in life, so nobody wants to date me.
>>
>>22797964
then you have depression. seek medical attn, i can help you no longer, but it's 100% true. humans are social creatures that tend to follow. if you lead by example of hating yourself, nobody will like you either.
and if they don't hate you at first, they will later because after a while they'll get tired of you shooting down compliment after compliment after compliment.
seriously, if your feelings of worthlessness are that bad, get professional help. you don't have to get on meds, but see a doctor.

>>22797955
you sound fine. man idk maybe you just live in an area where your type isn't appreciated
>>
>18 female
>never been asked out or even had a guy like me
>girls say I'm pretty, never really had a guy comment on my appearance irl but usually get rated highly on here by guys.
>5'3 and about 95 pounds so I'm flat chested.
>no friends
>social anxiety
>three tinder matches (I swipe right on every profile) but none are really interested in me.

People say that even ugly girls don't have to try to get guys yet I've never even had one guy find me attractive. I've even been rejected by a fat guy that shits his pants, I don't get it.
>>
>>22798033
ive gone to therapy before, i think the only thing that will help now is meds. but im afraid of the negative side effects.
>>
>>22798051

super curious what you look like, doubt its your looks. tinder is also a hookup app and not rly for dating
>>
>>22798051
your problem is that you are young and surrounded by fuckboys. just wait until college until they turn into slightly more mature fuckboys. some will be bf material, and some will be sex material, but at least they won't all be totally autistic.

>>22798082
if you've gone before and are not currently there, attend again ASAP. if you are worried about the negative side effects but doctors have suggested it to you in the past, it is because they have weighed the pros and cons and the pros outweigh the cons. i am on antidepressants for GAD and although my panic and depression got a little worse at first, i'm much, much better off for it. it's not the case with everyone, i'm a success story, but you'll never know if you don't at least try. it's really good not having panic attacks every single fuckign day and night anymore
>>
Dated this guy for about 4 months, he didn't seem too interested in talking to me after we started actually dating (this was before sex). He seemed excited hanging out with me and never expected anything, but never really liked calling or texting. He was a virgin and did not know what to do half the time, so I taught him a lot. Had sex 3 or 4 times and a month later broke up with me. Apparently he "doesn't know how to love".
Asshole 10/10. Would still fuck him though.
>>
Because I just broke up with my boyfriend, kek
>>
>>22798108
sorry that happened bae
:/
shit sucks.
oh well!
>>
>>22797625
because i want to be. getting laid is easy enough, i have no intention of committing to anyone until i find someone that im seriously into/compatible with. it really does take a lot of effort to build and maintain a mutually satisfactory relationship, and i refuse to waste that effort on someone that isnt exactly what i want when i have so much other (important) shit going on.
>>
>>22798114
He was my first boyfriend that I actually fell in love with (kek, 4 months, but I was talking to him for like 3 before that), but I'm over it now so it's all good :)
>>
>>22798033

It's actually started concerning me. I'm already 20 years old and I've never really had a girlfriend, and considering how difficult I'm finding it at uni I'm scared to think how hard I'll find it once I get out of it. Plus I'm really looking for something carefree and, dare I say, a little bit childish whilst I still can. Last train for a teenage romance, but there aren't any passengers.

Any advice at all?
>>
File: BRAIN PROBLEMS.gif (16KB, 630x375px) Image search: [Google]
BRAIN PROBLEMS.gif
16KB, 630x375px
>>22798100
You honestly don't sound like someone who should be giving advice. Seeing as most of it so far has been
>For guys
Build more self confidence
>For girls
Go be a dumb floozy

Like, is your one goal in life to just hop from relationship to relationship with no connection beyond the fact that they're someone who considers themselves as dating you?

This site is such trash because it's only occupied by autists who can't understand why they keep coming back. Practically 90% of the uses identify as having some kind of social anxiety despite the board being called social. The girls all have daddy issues, neglect problems, and a fetish for abuse. And the guys all think sending dick pics will work to get girls to like them, or past that are too autistic to not shit themselves when confronted with a female.

Why is everyone here single? Because they're sitting on their computers thinking shitposting on an anonymous image board will somehow help them in life.
>>
>>22798147
>like 3 before that), but I'm over it now so it's all g

snipe a freshmen at a party. just fucking party man.
>>
>>22798165
the fuck are you on about, i never said anything about a girl being a dumb floozy????????
>>
>>22798165

says the guy on 4chan making tired out insults he probably learned on this site 5 years ago.

[spoiler]thats why you dont have a gf[/spoiler]
>>
>>22798147
being 20 and not having a gf isnt a problem, desu i see more and more of it happening as time goes on
the only thing that's a little difficult about it is like, some people go into a relationship with certain expectations of what a bf/gf/SO should and should not be. just make sure you know what that person will be expecting before committing to them, you know?
>>
>>22798205
uhhh that "desu" is supposed to be a desu
wow mfw 2 weeb 4 lyf
>>
>>22798224
OH MY FUCKING GOD

the "desu" is supposed to be a "DESU"
WOW I CAN'T TYPE
>>
>>22798171

I go out quite at least twice a week as it is, but no one around here really has house parties so there aren't as many places to go as you'd think. You run into the same crowds eventually.

>>22798205

It's more worried that I see people around me getting into relationships and I have no idea how it's happened. Like, how did they actually meet? Because usually it was during classes, and that simply isn't an option for me. It just feels like there's something I'm missing that eveyone's aware of, and no one's telling me.
>>
>>22798100
all i ever wanted was someone to love me that wasnt myself.

i used to be in a better mental state, but going on here keeps crushing my ego more and more when i fuck up with the girls i talk to.

it just reinforces the point in my head that, i cant even get the most unappealing girls to like me let alone good looking ones.

but now im just feeling even worse than before so maybe i should stop.
>>
>>22798230
desu desu desu desu desu desu desu
>>
Female, been working graveyard for 14 months. The last time I got laid was 15 months ago. I had one date 16 months ago; turned out she was cheating on her boyfriend. I ended a long-term relationship 18 months ago; we both wanted to see other people. In fact, he started dating someone while I was still living with him. It's whatever though..
>>
File: 1353984068062.gif (64KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1353984068062.gif
64KB, 500x446px
>18
>go to georgia tech, an engineering school with a shitty m:f ratio
>lots of friends from high school that got here and have spiralled into drugs, doing nothing else with their time
>only new friends ive made here are shutins that do nothing but play league of legends
>try to find reasons to get these friends to go do fun shit with me, always fails
>meet girls only at parties, usually fizzles out fast
>one sticks out though
>hang out for a few weeks, sex happens a few times, seems alright, ask her to progress things
>"anon im not ready for any kind of relationship, lets keep things undefined"
Which means she talks to me when shes bored, and only fucks random tinder dates.

I hate it, /soc/. So far all i do is distract myself by running every single day, usually like 6 or 7 miles, until i exhaust myself so much i forget about everything. Also large amounts of alcohol.
>>
Im normal as fuck. Tell me why. I'm rated 6/10 at most m. Am I just invisible? People laugh at my jokes and want to hang out and I have a wide enough range of interests to be fun.
>>
>>22798283
>>22798230
>>22798224
>>22798205

chuckled IRL
>>
>Shit self esteem/shy
>chubby
>Body issues, not hot enough to deserve a bf or love.
>still kinda wrekd from last relationship that ended 3 years ago.
>>
>Be me
>Have a seizure disorder
>Get married much too young (early 20s)
>Mistake!!!!!!
>First 5 years are decent, not great but decent.
>Next 5 years are a progressive spiraling disaster of self-loathing and separation from everything I enjoy
>Wife is emotionally abusive
>During a seizure completely fuck up teeth
>Currently in the process of divorcing from fucked up wife
>Separated in January, she had a boyfriend by the beginning of February
>Still single
>Packing my shit and leaving the state in January
>Pretty sure I shouldn't even try to find anyone or anything, even a casual FWB just because of limited time left in the area
>Even then: 30, divorced, overweight (and losing it) but with a seriously fucked grill.

Gee! I wonder why I'm single...
>>
>be me
>male
>22
>single
>in good shape
>intelligent
>INTJ
>antisocial as fuck
>never approach girls or people in general because I'm antisocial as fuck
>don't have a girlfriend because I don't make an attempt at getting one
>mostly want people to leave me the fuck alone because people are fucking annoying shallow cunts
>tfw no qt3.14 gf
Why am I single /soc/?
>>
>>22798230
desu desu desu you fucking faggot newfag
>>
>>22798649
be my gf plz
also terrible self esteem
>>
>no car
>no money
>just starting my job
>still lives at home with mom
>self conscious about online dating (chubby/fat girl, don't want to be fetishized/not looking for a fuck buddy)
>realized i get into relationships too quickly and then get bored and annoyed

i don't think i'm a terrible person to date, i'm choosing to not seek anything out right now. i don't have my own independence yet so i don't really have a lot to offer anyone right now. it's not bad, i can devote 100% of my time and attention to bettering myself.

sometimes i get super lonely though and i just wanna be held and get head but i know that if i work on improving my situation then my next relationship will start on better footing and it'll be infinitely more rewarding than trying to force something with someone i barely know.
>>
File: Snapchat-4023654581701693148.jpg (438KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4023654581701693148.jpg
438KB, 1440x2560px
Well, i like to think that it's cause i prefer NSA sex or FWB situations, but then again there's really only one person I've ever felt anything for, and I completely fucked that up. I also find it hard to let people in.
>>
>m25
>white, nonfat
>usually straight
>but every now and then... say once every couple of months or so I turn into a faggot, lasts a few days or even weeks
>insatiable desire to suck cock, be used by men
>use grindr to offer self up, mostly only manage the odd dick sucking due to timing and fear
>fantasise about bdsm, being blowbanged etc
>love idea of anal but fail miserably at it, ass too tight

>gets in way of having proper gf for the 80% of the time I'm straight
>cumming typically cures the faggotry too, makes for some amusing situations if guys insist on making me cum
>super submissive, pretty much agree to whatever
>have cum before and then had to eat it, then suck a guy off
>hot as fuck thinking back after, horrible at the time

kik jaerix for chats, and to make me do shit.
>>
It's pretty simple. I'm out of college so I'm no longer meeting new people. I'm 4/10 and can't approach women if my life depended on it
>>
>>22798051
>I've even been rejected by a fat guy that shits his pants, I don't get it.
Why were you even interested in said guy?

Also post a pic of you, you sound cute
>>
>20.
>No car.
>No house of my own.
Well that puts me in a tough spot without all the other reasons.
>>
>22 yo dude
>In full-time therapy for social anxiety and ASS
>Before that I was a weird, but somehow social kid
>Was depressed for the last 3 years
>Overweight, but mostly in the gut and face (losing weight though)
>Reclusive gamer nerd
>Can't really make small talk
>Can come across slightly clingy because I have nothing to fucking do all day

On the other hand
>A lot of women say I look attractive or cute (not just my mom, you guys, I swear)
>Funny
>Smart enough to hold intelligent conversation
>Play the guitar (it's not a guarantee, but it works)

The first girl I liked well enough to actually make a move and say "fuck you" to my anxiety turned out to be lesbian. This was like a week ago, that fucked me up emotionally for a while. No girl has ever expressed an interest in me, apart from being friends.

Online I can flirt quite well. I cyber with a handful of guys and gals, some started out as such, some grew into that.
>mfw I can't be that fucking suave irl

Even got so far as to start online dating, but that's making me even more depressed, as nobody ever responds.
>>
>female
>bubbly
>23
>Has College Diploma
>Almost finished Bsc
>works constantly to pay own bills, car, everything
>Kind
>Ambitions are to eventually become a neuroscientist
>pic is me
>>
I can't connect to people. I have no idea how to have a decent and deeper conversation either although I'm always trying hard when I talk to others.
>>
>>22800834
Single for a year and a half. Can never seem to meet people of interest, and people I'm interested in never seem to be able to choose between me or some girl from their past... and I don't settle for being an option.
>>
I'm single but don't really mind. I just bang escorts and focus on more important things . I'll settle down maybe someday but not now
>>
File: 1435336042957.png (757KB, 703x704px) Image search: [Google]
1435336042957.png
757KB, 703x704px
I'm single because I'm a currently out of shape 25 year old man who is unemployed, has no car, and lives at home still. Don't need anybody to tell me that.

I'm not even interested in entering the dating scene again until I get my shit together, but on the bright side, these problems are relatively possible to solve. I'm fun, attractive, high self esteem, and have a high drive for success and aspiration.
>>
> 25/m
>just moved and barely know anyone
>trust issues
>work full time
>actively pursue hobbies and goals
>know it all
>either silent or talk too much
>linux is my primary operating system
>not rich
>don't approach women with intention of scoring with them

Not exactly on the market but its been kinda dry the last few months. Maybe I'm losing it.
>>
I am unsure how helpful this will be but in general terms there are a few pieces of advice. First off ask the question from a different way. Why am I not a good carpenter/athlete/or noun of your choice. For a carpenter do you have the right tools. Do you work at your trade daily? Have you worked with a mentor? How does that translate into being single you may ask. It means you need to prepared to be in a relationship. If you don't have the right tools now work on getting a nice car or job that opens up your options. Have a buddy wingman to help mentor you. And lastly just keep practicing, start with chatting with old ladies until you feel more comfy with small talk
>>
>Be 19 year old male
>Currently in my first year of uni
>Been single all my life
>Rated highly on /soc/
>/fit/, go to the gym 4 -5 times a week
>Used to be an awkward autist but I am not that awkward anymore

Still too anxious to approach women though. Been on Tinder dates before but I have never managed to get a second date. It feels pretty hopeless. What do, /soc/?
>>
>>22800872
>Trust issues
>don't approach women with intention of scoring with them
This is why. You're obviously pretty attractive/aesthetic, but your trust issues need to be sorted out. Also, while you worded the last one a bit crudely, you need to actively send the correct social signals to women you are interested in. Even the way you introduce yourself to a new person will affect how they see you. You could be seen as "Hey this guy is pretty nice and cool" or "Wow this guy is pretty attractive, I hope he's interested in me".
>>
File: 1447169146309.png (264KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1447169146309.png
264KB, 540x429px
>18 years old
>last year in high school (i know i know. I had to redo a year at elementary school)
>Do have a bit of facial hair, but people told me it looks good on me, will post pic if anon wants
>not socially retarded. Quite open about everything
>Compared to other classmates my GPA is pretty damn good

I dont know where it all went wrong.
>>
>>22800893
Yeah I acknowledge the trust issues get in the way. I can probably even resolve them but for the time being it feels like that defense mechanism is there for a reason.

Prior to now I trusted people until they gave me a good reason not to. But people kinda fucked that up. Also a reliable person so I don't always feel the need to trust people when I can do it myself.

And the last part youre dead on with. I'm super crude. I don't even believe some of the shit that I let slip out. Gonna go ahead and say 10 years of channing has altered my psychology.
>>
>>22800846
Hmm maybe your current social circle is dry, or work is taking away from activities?
>>
>be me
>be 26yo male
>173cm
>husky ~93kg but with some muscles
>hairy as fuck
>5/10 facial
>no clue how to make a girl interested in me by just "being me"
>already 1 year single, last time i've had sex it was in february with an escort
>even if i'm funny and extraverted, i'm just friendly with people but there's something that make me non-dateable
>but it's ok, i guess girls have so much choices that they don't even think about me since i can't give them something that make me more different or attractive
>>
>>22800899
post pic?
>>
>>22797855
you sound like my type
you're not gay are you
>>
>>22797625
All relationships I have are fucked or too complicated for someone who hasn't been in a normal relationship so I just don't bother.
>>
File: IMG_20151116_225140.jpg (815KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151116_225140.jpg
815KB, 1152x2048px
I have no idea, guess because I'm ugly.
>>
>19
>Unemployed
>Moving to Portland soon
>Going to community college there for 2 or 3 terms
>Going to PSU after
>Get ignored a lot
>Overly silent
>Self-depreciating
>Elitist snob
>Shy
>Insecure about everything
>Resolved to try to make new friends when I move
>>
>>22803272
You sound like me! We are terrible.
>>
>19
>unenploye
>not very social
>somehow average looking
>fucking cold
>don't speak too much

Mostly because im cold and not very social
>>
>Not single
>Not "in a relationship"
>Boy I'm exclusive with won't upgrade me to gf
>tfw ):
>>
>>22803331
Cut that motherfucker and find a new moist Adonis to love ya all up
>>
>>22797625

I'm single because me an my ex broke up.

We were totally different people at the end of the day.

I'm a metalhead, she's a Ska kid.
I'm rather simple, she's materialistic.
I don't care for social media, she could never get out of hers.
I wanted to get back into the band scene (I've toured/been endorsed), and she wanted me to get a "real job" and cut my hair.

We had completely different morals and values, and in the end, we wound up suffocating each other.

I asked her once why she couldn't put the phone down when were out to dinner.

>"Do you honestly expect me to pay attention to you the entire time?"

She fucking checked her Apple Watch while she was giving me head. I should have dumped her then. However, I was weak and I cared about her too much to see then she was not the person I wanted to be with.

I'm not perfect either. I have a bad temper fueled by a shitty past, and I can be extremely cold and calculated when I want to emotionally hurt someone. I'm a junkyard dog. I don't give a shit about eating my meals out of a can. I also had a drug problem. Sober now, which is great.

We fell in love with each other because we liked the idea of not being alone. In the end, we were both toxic for each other. She can't handle someone with damage, and I can't handle someone who's a narcissist.
>>
>>22803331
how fat / ugly?
>>
>>22803363
But he's so lovely. I can't!
>>22803390
Dis is me
>>22802762
>>22803234
(but my hair is dark and much nicer now)
>>
>>22803437
Oh, so you're a babe. Maybe this guy is a big dummy.
>>
>single
>male
>22
>State Investigator(on way to federal)
>putting abooout 50% of income in savings/ a month
>room renting shitty room from old lady for cheap
>10 hours work+travel
>6 hours working at own business
>1hour market research/meetings
>1 hourish workout
>1hour misc showers, eat etc
>.5 hr reading/organize
>whatever i have left i normally sleep
>usually 6-7 days a week(aside from state job which i just substitute for personal business hours/personal appointments)
>get a free day once a month to do whatever ...but i usually just end up absently participating and thinking about my business

we all know my problem=too busy
(which surprisingly it seems girls do not believe and or care about)
>>
File: one of us.png (218KB, 2276x1364px) Image search: [Google]
one of us.png
218KB, 2276x1364px
>Male
>University
>Hotshot engineer currently on work term, travelling internationally for job opportunities
>Part time pixel artist
>Involved in lots of interesting personal projects
>Wide range of hobbies

>Live far away from the people I grew up with
>Best friend is my brother who I play video games with through Skype. Video games are a big part of my past
>Nobody I know or meet is interested in getting to know me past chatting online once every few weeks or less
>Being straight up ignored in groups has been a common issue in my recent life, getting better lately
>Enjoy exploring the city but doing this alone has been making me depressed lately
>Same with going out to bars
>No need to worry about money, and don't when with I'm with people
>>
>>22803500
Forgot to say
>21
>Live in basement suite
>Work out once a week

I don't know, I think I'm pretty cool at least
>>
>>22800890
Less focus on getting a date, more on just being social?
>>
I dunno. Well actually I do. Largely because I have a plethora of issues - whether
that be abandonment, commitment, trust issues or mental illness - and I realize I
should probably sort that out, if not at least start sorting it out, before I go ahead
and drag someone else into my bs. Partially because I have a sensory modulation
disorder and most people touching me makes me incredibly uncomfortable and throws
me into fight or flight, so I while the prospect of sleeping around is nice, it's also not
really anything I could do as of current.

I have had many the opportunity to not be single, but if I'm not put off by the person
themself, usually my general fickleness ends any chance of it happening because I
get bored incredibly quickly. Up until now. I met a guy on soc here a few months ago
and he's funny, charming, has that lumberjack thing going on about him and seems to
be interested but he a) wants exclusivity in a relationship, something I don't know I
can provide right now b) he deserves better than to put up with my shit and c) he has
verrrrrrrry similar quirks and mannerisms to my abusive ex. It's none of the negative,
but it scares me that the reason I like him could be a subconscious call back to my ex.
>>
File: 1446589073072.webm (864KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446589073072.webm
864KB, 400x400px
>Single
>Male
>University for computer science
>Employed as a computer technician
>write music, draw, play guitar/piano to kill time
>want to make something that combines my interest in music and visual arts
>want to start my own multimedia studio

judge away
>>
>30 m
>veteran, college educated, $400,000 net worth
>working on a programming project with a small team
>stay at home most of the time, or go out hiking/exploring/to events - don't like parties/clubbing
>above average looks, but a bit overweight now
>confident, no issues talking to women
>always find myself in love with people i won't approach (despite odds of success) or rejecting girls who get clingy or fall in love with me
>relationships i do have tend to last 1-3 years but always end with the female cheating and thinking i won't find out
>>
I never put myself out there and im socially retarded
>>
File: jakenope.gif (823KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jakenope.gif
823KB, 500x281px
My ex developed schizophrenia during our relationship and he became very emotionally abusive and manipulative. It's been about a year since I got the courage to leave and I'm just now starting to feel like I might be ready to date if I found someone I was interested in, but up until now I had to much baggage to even entertain the idea of seeing someone.
>>
>29m
>single
>engineer
>former Marine
>moved to hawaii for job
>no friends here
>no interests that most ppl here have
>stay at home all time time, don't want to go out
>never had a gf
>ok at talking to girls online, but wtf do u do after u talk to them for a while
>what do
>>
>male
>gf got deported
>then relapsed into drug problem
>overdosed
>murdered by her drug dealer

5 years later and i can barely flirt with a woman let alone go further. so yea, thats why im single.
>>
File: spider_by_pimpjim.jpg (113KB, 862x926px) Image search: [Google]
spider_by_pimpjim.jpg
113KB, 862x926px
>Broke up with the love of my life 4-5 years ago, after a long relationship,
>it broke me, at first i was not interested at all, then i dated,
>but all those girls were nothing compared to her, after i got over my ex,
>i had a few positive experiences, but the girl usually was far more invested and i felt if it goes on too long i'll be leading them on
>like my last girl, a wonderful wonderful woman, we dated for 8 months, but she was so invested, and i felt i wont feel much more towards her than what i do - so we broke up.
>I need someone who shares a lot of my interests and has a similar approach to life, in Poland it seems very difficult to find a girl like that, even though im trying my ass off.
>I guess im a bit broken myself.
>>
I'm skinnyfat and judgmental and a bad person and also a generic white male. Nobody notices me and if they do I'm a jerk to them.
>>
>>22804055
me: that + 0 game with women. Awkward as fuck
>>
By choice.

Non-monogamous, always have a good number of partners going at any one point. One partner edged me away from general relationship anarchy more towards hierarchical structures ... Annnnnd then it exploded really fucking badly and I dropped all partners and kind of have gone recluse since then.

Been a few months now, kind of have ended up with someone I am pseudo-seeing, and some VERY casual sexual partners. Generally trying to stay away from any dating, but god damn, this one girl is pretty incredible. So we will see.

Still pretty fucked up about the former partner though. Really irritating. :|
>>
File: 1446790866966.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1446790866966.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>average looking skinny jewboi
>finish high school/begin college with no gf
>advice from friends is to stop trying and focus on me
>alright, go out and do a bunch of difficult and respectable shit. now mathematician in a PhD program and getting top grades in all classes, has experience with game design, computer engineering, physics, programming, and psychology.
>has tried shitloads of different activities, including snowboarding, longboarding, dungeons and dragons, played lots of video games, watched all the anime anyone said was good, pretty much done all the things that seem obtainable and interesting
>all of it seems boring now since nobody to do it with
>living in a new town for half a year now, still no meaningful relationships here, girl or otherwise.
>living alone, sometimes wonder if going crazy.

School keeps me busy but it is getting so hard to give a fuck. I really have a hard time flirting, online dating doesn't seem to work. Now I'm 24 and balding prematurely, and wondering if I'm going to go on my whole life as a lonely person.
Also, I'm not bad looking, probably average.

I'd respond to other people's situations but I'm kinda drunk/stoned and would probably give bad advice even if I wasn't.
>>
File: WP_20150920_22_11_21_Pro.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150920_22_11_21_Pro.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>23
>average looking
>parents physically, verbally, emotionally and sexually abused me when I was a kid
>put into slightly dysfunctional foster home
>likely have PTSD, some personality disorders
>I hate people because if I don't deserve this sadness, they don't deserve happiness

I want a girl to relate to, sadly, she doesn't exist
>>
I'm on 4chan all the time. Also I'm autistic. Looking for my autistic princess.
>>
>20
>babby face if i don't let my facial hair grow out
>chubby
>i live in Idaho
>actual diagnosed at a young age autistic
>was home schooled, never went to HS
>probably stunted my social skills even worse
>never dated any one
>i don't recall even really holding hands with anyone who wasn't family
>currently living in moms basement

i'm fucked.
>>
That's not even a question.

I grew up a short, skinny, generic nerd who didn't fit in with anyone, and was the one person in my group of acquaintances that was everyone's last choice to spend time with. So I didn't really have any friends, and I just got used to spending time alone.

Now, I'm 26 and a perpetual shut-in who just let all contact with anyone I ever knew drift off into nothingness years ago. I don't know anyone, I don't go anywhere, and even when I happen to I lack the social skills to just make conversation with new people. The most social thing I do is run my weekly game of D&D, and that's via Skype.

I just accepted that I'm not the type of person who has relationships many years ago, and just gave up thinking about it. Any time I start feeling a little bit lonely, I just remind myself "You're still am ugly, anti-social, broke loser", and that helps me get past all that and just go back to distracting myself with video games and other hobbies while I slowly rot away in this tiny room.

I guess it could be worse, though.
>>
>>22797625
I'm handsome and I've been told I exude confidence and swagger, but in reality I'm terrified of people. As much as it might seem like I can hold a casual conversation, speaking with a stranger causes me a hidden panic, I am especially intimidated by women.
>>
>>22804357
Oh man, i'm in the same boat, everyone i know thinks im this confident, very outgoing person, who is a master at dealing with people, and inside i'm just a fucking planning every word, overthinking every sentence, and doubting every approach, i don't show any physical hints, but inside i am terrified as well.
>>
good looking guy
live close to the ocean
surfing everyday
no friends, no social skills, no good in english
idk what is a right "approach" to a grills. i mean how to meet or ask out etc
just surf and work and i live my live alone at least a half year
>>
>>22804574
What is your native tongue?
>>
>>22804590
Russian
>>
>>22804232
>sadly
*luckily. It wouldn't end well
>>
>>22804594
A Russian surfer. You've got magnetism just based on that. It's intriguing. Just go and ask a cute girl for the time. When she sees your ripped surfer bod and hears your accent, she'll want to try and talk to you. After that, its just a matter of fumbling through a conversation. In a way, your limited language skills are a blessing: less pressure to impress with words. Use your actions instead, like buy her a drink or offer the teach her to surf.
>>
>>22800834
>smart
>attractive
>independent

beats me, perhaps you smell funny?

Not a great deal of 23 year old males are quite that responsible yet, so it may be a little intimidating to insecure guys.

also seems like you have a busy schedule, not many guys have day game so perhaps have a night out?
>>
>>22804768
b-but how to start conversation with pretty girl without a context? "hi. how its going" "hi. would u like to go out"? I hear dat shit couple times from aussie males and its sound like that they "needy". I have no idea what i should to do for not looks terrible like this or despair
>>
>>22804852
I don't know, man. I have trouble with this stuff too. I think those lines you called "needy" actually work some of the time. I've had some success just being straightforward like that. It's terrifying for me, but it works. Remember, it's just an opening line.
>>
I honk I'm single because my last relationship ended pretty badly, so now I have commitment issues and I don't let myself get attached to anyone
>>
>>22804940
I think *** lmao autocorrect
>>
>>22797625
>Very shy
>always nervous approaching and introducing myself to girls
>started losing weight Mid September
>12 kilos lost so far
>got complimented on my looks at work today
>felt awesome

No. I know exactly what to do. I need to get out there, man the fuck up, and meet some people outside!
>>
She isn't ready
She doesn't want a relationship
She can't commit.
She's insecure
She only wants someone to keep her company when she's lonely.
She's the wrong person to fall in love with.
She doesn't know herself.
She doesn't love herself.
She's always looking for approval.
She's makes small things into larger things cause it hurts her pride to lose.
She's the girl I love.
I hate the fact I love her.
>>
>was fat through all of my childhood
>only had few friends
>was never in contact with girls of any kind
>only girl i knew were stoners because i was one
>all the other girl iv talked to were really boring to the point that if i didn't brought up a subject the conversation would go mute
>some of say there are girls out there that dig nice guys but i don't get excited about it because i know they lie
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.