[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Moon were severely damaged, to the point that there was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: MOON CONCEPT1.jpg (145KB, 1600x1164px) Image search: [Google]
MOON CONCEPT1.jpg
145KB, 1600x1164px
If the Moon were severely damaged, to the point that there was a chunk of it missing, what would the results be?

Would the fragments form a ring around the Earth, or would they remain anchored in the Moon's limited gravity?
>>
Take out a big enough chunk of the moon and it will probably return to roundness eventually.

As for the missing chunk, that depends where it is and how fast it's going.
>>
They would gradually disperse along its orbital path
>>
>>9171824
That would be over millions of years, if I understand things rightly.

>>9171827
So, something like a small asteroid belt around the sun?
>>
>>9171837
>So, something like a small asteroid belt around the sun?

More like how Jupiter has the Trojans and Greeks.
>>
If the moon were damaged in this manner, how much collateral damage would the Earth suffer?
>>
>>9172292
It would fuck with the tides, probably nothing else
>>
>>9171817
If you were critically injured, to the point that you were bleeding, what would the results be?

Your question isn't very precise, is it?
>>
>>9171837
>That would be over millions of years, if I understand things rightly.

More like a century or two, tops. Humanity would send demolition teams to smooth out the non-round parts.
>>
Wouldn't it be cool if Earth had rings?
>>
>>9172312
Earth will have a ring of space junk, if anything.
>>
>>9172446
Thats not how rings work. The gas giants have rings because of a single object that was captured by their gravity has been pulverized and left chunks around its singular orbit. Space junk doesnt come from a singular source, nor is it limited to any specific orbit. Space junk makes more of a cloud or sphere than a ring.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.