[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most practical tools for statistical analysis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: j3dn6zxfd0jz.jpg (69KB, 1024x557px) Image search: [Google]
j3dn6zxfd0jz.jpg
69KB, 1024x557px
What are the most practical tools for statistical analysis?

I took basic statistics and working on becoming an actuary. Obviously regressions seem practical but I see people constantly misusing it.
>>
>>9168114
Bump
>>
>>9168114
Why on earth would I want to help a corporate asshole do a good job?
I, and everyone else for that matter have to deal with the negative externalities from profiting maximizing. The last thing I want is corporate command economies to have more power over the world by being able to rent more competent actuaries.
Fuck off with this retarded question. Next time you want to ask something like this assume your audience has a rational self-interest so they don't have to waste their time telling you to fuck off.
>>
>>9168387
What's wrong sweetie? Do you want to talk about it?
>>
>>9168514
This is a terrible attempt at a snappy retort. Even thouth I already know that doth be retarded enough to want to go into something as unethical, and intellectually boring as actuarial sciences, I am still disappoint. Paint huffing 14 year olds on /b/ have more in thine area of wit than thou.
>>
>>9168514
S W E E T I E
>>
>>9168713
did you try to get into actuarial and couldn't find a position or something? Was an actuary a dick to you? Really, what's your story man? I'm not that other poster btw, new person.
>>
>>9168387
I like your way of thought. There are certain tech I don't want seeing it falling in hands of capitalists/corporate minds.

This also applies to neural networks and AI in general.
>>
Wilcoxon's rank-signed t b h s m h
>>
>>9168735
>did you try to get into actuarial and couldn't find a position or something?
no. as an upincoming ecologist, the actions of many industries that benefit from actuaries not only threaten my job security, but everything I love and the viability of life on earth. Helping those businesses make more profit from capitalizing people and shitting on them afterwards is not in my interest.
>Was an actuary a dick to you?
i have never even talked to an actuary. I assume most of them or moral people, that dont fully understand the consequences of their actions. The thing is the majority of fucked up things are done by moral people who believe they have benign intentions.
>what's your story man?
knowing my affinity for the life sciences, its not hard to guess why i dislike the drivers of the apocalyptic biodiversity loss and environmental disaster we are experiencing. When you consider that those before mentioned drivers not only go unpunished but leave the population without a livelihood and get filthy rich doing it, and thus have a tremendous amount of power over state policy.
I dont hate actuaries, i hate the people they work for and the nature of the work that they do. I believe the best actuary is a bad actuary
>>
>>9168952
Another holier-than-thou dildo who thinks all businesses are evil. Even if you weren't an "upcoming ecologist" and were pursuing some other profession you'd still find some other angle to justify how some business is encroaching on your territory.

Get off your high horse faggot.
>>
>>9168114

You mean tools as in software?
Jump on the R bandwagon. It's comfy as fuck.
>>
>>9169003
my profession has nothing to do with by objection to capitalism.
for example, look the actions of the oil industry and commercial fisheries worldwide and get back to me. They are objectively evil, and yes, not profiting from the destruction of life and the world we live in does make me a better person than the world bank or Shell or Nestle or their shareholders.
they all follow one vile maxim, "all for us and nothing for anyone else"
Ethics are not a thing when profits are the primary consideration and everything else is an external afterthought
>>
>>9168952
I don't understand. How does insurance threaten your job security and "everything I love and the viability of life on earth"? How are actuaries involved in "capitalizing people and shitting on them afterwards"?

Insurance is not evil. What do you plan to do if your house burns down if there wasn't any insurance industry? Or what if you hit and injure someone while driving, get taken to court, and ordered by a judge to pay huge thousands of dollars of damages? What would you do without liability insurance to cover that?
>>
>>9169012
I guess I should have tools and techniques.

Like, what are the most common techniques and skills needed to make sound judgements?

>>9169054
Don't even write back to that faggot any more. He sounds like a drunk teenager who just got his first retail job.
>>
>>9168114
why dont they just grow crops and build their infrastructure near a potable water source?????
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.