[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mathematics and engineering are not Science. Science is the systematic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (555KB, 860x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
555KB, 860x460px
mathematics and engineering are not Science. Science is the systematic measurement of the metric properties of time. space, matter, and energy. Mathematics is an important element of this project and the language of what would become the sciences. And engineering is a practical expression of mathematics that clever humans soon figured out how to use to make pyramids and calculate the seasons.
>>
thats right. Americans always butcher things up with "science"
>>
Cringeworthy teenage opinion thread
>>
>>9167869
Wrong. Science is in its strictest sense a body of knowledge that represents the set of all truths. A particular science is a set of truths for a particular subject.
The scientific method is not an innate part of science.
>>
>>9167903
Terrible. Just terrible
>>
>>9167869
That's why it's called STEM.
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math.
>>
Philosophy is the purest science
>>
>>9168914
It could've been, had it not been poisoned by the Humanities.

I just sat through a philosophy class on cognitive biases and the professor ranted the whole time about how everyone is secretly racist and sexist and didn't even know it, and COULD NOT know it because the bias is invisible to the havers by default, so you must always listen when others tell you that you have bias because others can see it better than you can.

I asked her if her showing ONLY examples of bias with white males as biased and only non-whites and women as victims of bias could indicate that she was biased.

She said she didn't have time to answer because we had to get through the powerpoint. She let class out 10 minutes early after there were only 4 slides left.

This woman has a PhD in philosophy.
>>
>>9168914
Philosophy, like maths, is a priori knowledge. Science is always heuristic.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.