[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel pretty dumb despite being objectively pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1505279486189.jpg (53KB, 960x911px) Image search: [Google]
1505279486189.jpg
53KB, 960x911px
Anyone else feel pretty dumb despite being objectively pretty "smart" (in terms of performing above average on standardised tests)?
>>
>>9167523
No, no one here has that problem.
>>
>>9167523

no, my self-esteem is ok
>>
Yeah. I get good results but I feel dumb because of shitty motivation and social desire (muh depression).
>>
>>9167523
No, I feel dumb because I am dumb. But I like to read the threads on here. I try to adhere to the scientific method so if though I'm average or below in intelligence I have a method to follow to figure shit out. Thanks /sci/
>>
>>9167568
Same. It feels mildly ok coming to terms with my average intelligence. And refreshing when you interact with someone with a better brain than you. At least I can recognize my ineptitude and try to compensate by gathering as much knowledge and skill sets to prepare me for life. I may not have the brains but goddam I have to motivation to be not a complete brainlet.
>>
>>9167523
The more you know, the more you know how little you actually know.
>>
>>9167523
i know objectively that i am smarter than the average bear, however my one true fear is that my laziness will be my ultimate downfall and what keeps me from really accomplishing anything of lasting importance.

intelligence is not the most important quality in a successful human. rather, it's organized goal-seeking behavior and ability to work hard to achieve those goals.
>>
>>9167523
Doing well on standardized tests fucked me up desu. I feel like it enabled me to skate by without learning much, and now there's so much I don't know.
>>
>>9168029
good post
>>
My congnitive skills are below average.
I'm lazy as fuck and even though I don't have depression I'm highly affected by emotions, especially when it comes to overthinking of the worst kind.
I'm fat and ugly.

And still, I have good qualities too. I never stop trying and I never stop thinking. There is virtually no point in my life where I said "fuck it" and went on a path of consistent degeneracy. I continue to develop awareness and mindfulness and slowly trough self experimentation I'm figuring out how to change slowly but surely. When the realization came that there is actual complexity to the phenomena called laziness and not just "you are lazy" I stopped any self pity and actively searched for defining reasons.

I'm a subhuman of the worst kind but my goal in life is to see if true human change exists.
>>
File: 85e.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
85e.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>9167523
>tfw too smart for intelligence
>>
>>9167523
My issue is procrastination and boredom/laziness
>>
>>9167523
Wasn't it einstein that said that you shouldn't judge a fish by its ability to climb trees, and doesn't it seem rather arrogant of you to assume that you're smart just because you're better at standardised tests than others? Do those tests test knowledge or intelligence?
>>
>>9167568
Are you implying /sci/ created the scientific method?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.