[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come we don't get dank rings like saturn? All we get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1497336345510.jpg (357KB, 4992x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1497336345510.jpg
357KB, 4992x3500px
How come we don't get dank rings like saturn? All we get is a ring of space garbage we threw up there.
>>
if we throw more garbage then we should get ourselves some of those rings
>>
>>9165558
You can! It's just that earthlings are lazy. All you need to do is get out of your chair, go outside, pick up a rock, and throw it straight up in the air. Just keep doing that until you see the rings
>>
>>9165558
Saturn's rings are full of ice. Ice in Earth orbit would have sublimated very quickly and would be gone by now.

You might get away with large quartz flakes though. I am not sure how the Moon would affect such rings.
>>
>>9165558
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoz5Q2rGQtQ
>>
>>9165558
That would make the winters(and quite possibly the summers) more extreme.
>>
Did earth have rings before the moon accreted?
>>
>>9166466
Most likely yes.

Then the Moon had a huge impact which most likely caused a new ring forming.
>>
>>9166466
>>9167665
I'm pretty sure the prevailing theory is
>Earth with no moon collides with nearby Mars-mass rocky body
>debris thrown into space
>debris accretes into Moon
As for how impressive they'd be I'm not sure, they wouldn't have been the fine dust and ice fields that make up Saturn's rings but more like a blobby cloud of rocks
>>
>>9167910
Yes, that part is prevailing.

There is a secondary theory that later on, the Moon was hit by a large object that more or less coated large parts of the surface, explaining why he morphology and composition on the near and far sides are so different.
>>
>>9165558
>All we get is a ring of space garbage we threw up there.

Maybe that's what Saturn's rings are.
>>
>>9167910
>>debris accretes into Moon

During which time, it is an increasingly lopsided ring, though.
>>
>>9167910
Earth's crust is full of silicates so I guess the rings would be pretty reflective.

>>9168285
What is the largest ring you can have without it being ripped apart by the lunar gravitational field?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.