[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that a mosquito/fly/etc can fly freely within a speeding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1406206307573.png (93KB, 589x390px) Image search: [Google]
1406206307573.png
93KB, 589x390px
Why is it that a mosquito/fly/etc can fly freely within a speeding car and not getting smashed onto the rear window instead?
>>
>>9165191
>not knowing air in a car moves at the car's speed
found the "F" student in Physics 101
>>
>>9165200
That's all I needed to know actually.

Now my actual question is:
Imagine you're in a spacecraft or something much much bigger, as in a colony. You are orbiting a star at extreme speeds, and you have the power to make it even faster because SCIENCE and shit, nearing light speed speeds. What happens about TIME DILATION? Do you actually live forever? The only thing to do is get on a big ship that goes fast?
>>
>>9165191
It's not heavy/dense enough to overcome the air resistance
>>
File: 1247403803681.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1247403803681.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>9165210
pls respond, monitoring
>>
>>9165314
no, you die at the same age, it just takes a very long time
>>
>>9165317
Are you infinitely retarded?
>>
>>9165210
>>9165314
Time is relative so you will live for a standard amount of time in your reference frame.
>>
>>9165210
>all i needed to know is that air doesn't rush past somebody inside in a car

how do you have a computer but never been inside a vehicle
>>
>>9165321
So you're basically saying my ship/colony can go years far on to the future while I age "normally", as in Earth years?
>>
>>9165191
The next time you are doing 80 mph in your car, hold a coin in front of you and let go. Does it smash into your chest at 80mph? And, even more imprtant to know, is it heads or tails?
>>
>>9165329
In a sense. You won't be experiencing time any differently from normal. To you, tomorrow comes at exactly the same time as it normally comes, as do hollidays and your birthday. But if you were to call up your buddy back on Earth (any other reference frame moving slower than you) and compare, you will notice time has moved slower for you compared to your buddy.

It is like if you sit in a room with no windows or clock. As far as you can tell, time is still passing the same rate it always has. Maybe you try and keep track by counting seconds, or by singing a really familiar song, but you still don't know how much time has actually passed for the rest of the world until you go outside and check. Now because you were on Earth the whole time, you know your time has passed at the same rate as the time outside the room. On the super fast spaceship though, you will know your time passed slower. Your experience will be the exact same, as in 40 years to you in the isolation room will feel exactly the same as 40 years on the spaceship, even though the Earth ended up experiencing more.
>>
File: 1247444549753.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1247444549753.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>9165436
t. astrophysicist
>>
>>9165191
1/3.
>>
File: gold_star.jpg (24KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
gold_star.jpg
24KB, 324x324px
>>9165536
Good job.

All possible outcomes of 2 coins flipped:
HH (what we want)
HT
TH
TT (impossible)

Only one of the three possibilities is what we want, so 1/3 is answer.
>>
>>9165210
Due to time dilation it would actually be possible to traverse the observable universe in about 80 years at a constant acceleration of one g.
>>
>>9165771
But isn't HT = TH?
>>
>>9166339
there are two coins you colossal faggot, not one
>>
>>9166352
I know that, geez, what's with the hostility?

I'm just asking why the position of the coins affect the probability of them landing HH
>>
>>9166339
Not in this situation, no, because the 1st letter and 2nd letter represent two different coins
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.