[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>microbiology lab >culture/ slide comes out really well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: sad-pepe-640x480_1476065332.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480_1476065332.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>microbiology lab
>culture/ slide comes out really well
>have to throw it away at the end of class
>>
>>9164666
lick it. give the bacteria a second chance
>>
Depending on the stain just take it with you, everything is dead, can't hurt anyone outside of the lab.
>>
>When you give the cells your plasmid with antibiotic resistance, letting the smart ones take up your plasmid while your murder the stupid little cells that defied your will
>When you control the extent to which the cells grow
>When you induce and they all produce protein for you exactly the way you want
>tfw you're a god over tiny creatures
>>
>>9164936
>tfw you are a god over tiny creatures

Isn't that why we took up bioscience, to play God?
>>
>>9164936
That sound cool, it's like a simulation game but better.
>>
>>9164936
>you're a god over tiny creatures
so you've become something that doesnt even exist and that they made up because they dont know it better, bravo anon
>>
>making streak plate in bio lab with loop
>dumbass lab partner tries to cool the loop by touching it to the lid
>lid melts
>>
File: 1398408530737.jpg (55KB, 500x806px) Image search: [Google]
1398408530737.jpg
55KB, 500x806px
>>9164666
>TAing microbiology lab
>teaching two-tube transfers
>pre-meds absolutely shitting the bed because this is probably the first time they've touched lab equipment before
>one girl comes in late during mandatory quiz
>the lab is quiet and yet she's like half-screaming in my ear about how she's sorry she's late
>"its okay just take a seat"
>"OKAY"
>what the fuck
>i check back with her in like half an hour
>undergrad TA is trying to help her but the sperg is being rude to everyone/everything in her vicinity
>partner looks at me and has a look on his face that says "kill me"
>imsorry.jpg
>girl attempts to do a transfer
>undergrad TA: "okay all you gotta do is stick the loop in and take it out slowly..."
>girl panics, takes the loop out too quickly, accidentally sprays broth on TA's face
>holy shit
>instantly remember the e coli strand is attenuated
>even then it's the principle: holy shit
>we later had a meeting after lab just talking solely about how much of a hazard this girl is

i like lab :^)
>>
>>9166965
was she hot
did you fug
>>
>>9167041
no

and no
>>
>tfw C. Elegans RNA isolations are accurate and precise to a within a range of .02 ng/ul
Feels fuckin good mang
>>
>practicing serial dilutions in 96 well plates
>get to the 4th well
>accidentally pipette the air right above the liquid before the tip gets submerged
>bubble inside the tip
>panic and expel the liquid back into the well
>shit ton of bubbles
>attempt to pop the bubbles by pipetting up and down again
>more bubbles

why do i suck at pipetting bros
>>
>>9167099
Cause your inexperienced.
Took me 3 months in a research lab to get good
>>
>>9167106
alright i can do this, i fucking got this next time
>>
>>9167094
>Needing a whole roundworm to get your RNA
>Not just alcohol precipitating
>>
>>9167099
Aside from getting gud, why is there so much diluent in your buffer?
>>
>>9167138
is 50 microliters of diluent too much
>>
>>9167138
>diluent
My bad my brain got scrambled I meant detergent.
>>
>>9167144
kek
>>
>>9167146
yeeee anyway if bubbles are a problem you can just make your buffer with less detergent. My go to is 0.05% tween by volume. You don't need a lot unless the stuff you're working with really likes to clump. If nonspecific binding is an issue I prefer to add BSA rather than more detergent. Detergent generally is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>9167154
nah i feel you, it only happens like once in a blue moon and it pisses me off because i know it's due to shitty pipetting so i pretty much have to slow down and not be a retard

but i'll take your advice into consideration
>>
I want to get into microbiology. How is it? Just ordered a book on algal cultures.
>>
>tfw your Gram stains always come out as shit

>>9167167
Git gud at genetics, -omics in general, and bioinformatics if you want to really study it. Lots of indirect observation.
>>
>>9164941
I'm not playing any more.
>>
>>9167726
>new ip
you never were
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.