[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ poster posted this proof making me quiestion life itself.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1505252372548.png (8KB, 528x286px) Image search: [Google]
1505252372548.png
8KB, 528x286px
/pol/ poster posted this proof making me quiestion life itself. Find an error in this proof if you can.
1. The fine-tuning of the fundamental physical constants of the universe is due either to physical necessity, chance, or design.
2. Proponents of the anthropic principle assume that because observations of the universe must be compatible with the conscious and sapient life that observes it, it is unremarkable that this universe has fundamental constants that happen to fall within the narrow range thought to be compatible with life -- which is a modal scope fallacy, i.e. it equivocates the necessity of the universe if conscious and sapient life that observes it exists, with modal necessity, i.e. it confuses "necessary if" and "necessary."
3. All physical things have a logical cause.
4. All logically-caused things are contingent, i.e. it is possible for them not to be caused.
5. Therefore, all physical things are contingent.
6. The fundamental physical constants are a physical thing.
7. Therefore, the fundamental physical constants are contingent.
8. Therefore, the fine-tuning of the universe is not due to physical necessity, and the universe, as it is, is not the only possible world.
9. There is an infinite number of possible worlds in which the fine-tuning of the universe and all its antecedents do not exist or are in an infinite number of different states.
10. Therefore, the probability of a possible world in which the fundamental constants exist and fall within the narrow range thought to be compatible with life is ℵ_0/ℵ_0^2 (tends to 0).
11. Therefore, the probability that the fine-tuning of the universe is due to chance is ℵ_0/ℵ_0^2.
12. n/n^2=1/n
13. Therefore, the probability that the fine-tuning of the universe is not due to chance is (ℵ_0 - 1)/ℵ_0 (tends to 1).
14. Therefore, it is due to design.
>>
>>9164497
>1. The fine-tuning of the fundamental physical constants of the universe is due either to physical necessity, chance, or design.
Define fine tuning
After you've done that prove that our constants are the only ones that create a stable universe

>3. All physical things have a logical cause.
All things inside this universe must have a cause.
We don't know if that holds true for the very beginning or even before that
>>
I really do believe in a higher being.

BUT, humans are the kind of lifeforms to even attempt to ask questions and try to find answers in the first place.

What if we just stopped doing it?
>>
In step 10 he assumed that the infinity of universes that can sustain life is smaller than the one of all universes

It might sound obvious but how do u prove that?
>>
>>9164523
You don't know the significance of believing this. The predominant intellectual opinion of the last 200 years is that of cosmological randomness, and a reality manifested from spontaneity.
>>
Ah yes.... Another thread about a double digit IQ retard who parrots a complete misinterpretation of a mathematical/scientific principle he knows absolutely nothing about from another idiot who is equally misinformed on the mathematical/scientific principle behind this ""reasoning"".
>>9164523
God is one of the things that only exists as long as you keep talking and thinking about it. Religion is purely works of fantasy made up by loonies who can't come to terms they are insignificant apes.
>>
>>9164497
>6. The fundamental physical constants are a physical thing.
LOL this is shit.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.