[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a chem major conceptually difficult? Also, how can I identify

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Is a chem major conceptually difficult?

Also, how can I identify right now if I am a brainlet?
>>
all undergrad majors are easy
>>
>how can I identify right now if I am a brainlet?
I need this
>>
>>9162937
>>9162979
If you ask that question.
>>
>>9162937
honestly every major is difficult if you dont have the will to study and practice for (unless you're at a liberal arts tier major)
>>
>>9163097
This. I have a PhD in Organic and Polymer chemistry. The first two exams of Chem I I got a 51% and a 49%. I didn't understand what I was doing until quantum mechanics and organic and inorganic chemistry. Gen chem is just such a clusterfuck
>>
it can get very difficult at times (Pchem/quantum depending on your math skills, ochem/inorganic depending on your chemical intuition) but overall a doable major
>>
>>9162937
Chem has rough patches but you can get through it if you really want to do it, have good study practices and stop going partying on weekends.

You're a brainlet if you think you'd rather waste time doing stupid bullshit instead of strive for a 4.0. You don't have to get a 4.0 but it should be your goal.
>>
>>9163849
What about if the only reason I want a 4.0 is so that I get into med school.
>>
>>9164234
you should be far more concerned with volunteering and your MCAT scores than GPA, 4.0 is common as fuck for pre-med students
>>
>>9164234
If you want to go into med school don't do chem undergrad. Start learning biomedicine now.
>>
>>9164237
Yeah I know. I currently have a 4.0 science GPA. And I'm constantly volunteering. Only thing I'm worried about is the MCAT. I just mentioned GPA because that's what the other guy said as a measurement of intelligence.
>>
>>9164238
But I thought biomedical science major is a meme major. Every pre med is doing that or biology.
>>
>>9164246
Depends on the school, I suppose, but biomedical science majors typically can get the P&A, biochem, genetics, some histology and so on, before going to med school. Assuming you're going to a good school, you can also look at clinical laboratory science, which is very heavy in (obviously) clinical science and diagnostics.

Biology is a meme major, mostly because people go into it and take shit like 2 years of molecular genetics and wonder why it's useless in med school.
>>
>>9164257
Virtually all the science majors are useless for medschool except for the skills acquired during study and organizing information data and knowledge.

Choose a major that will be useful for when you get rejected or fail medschool.
>>
>>9162979
If you need to know that by the time you're in college you're average at best
>>
>>9164237
>4.0 is common
what...how? how is this not an indication that something is very wrong here? 4.0 should be something that only the top of the top can attain.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.