[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the correct order for learning algebra, analytical geometry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1482097040635.png (44KB, 549x591px) Image search: [Google]
1482097040635.png
44KB, 549x591px
What is the correct order for learning algebra, analytical geometry and calculus?

Currently I'm doing Basic Mathematics by Lang and after that I plan to finish algebra then move to precalculus then eventually calculus. I don't know where analytical geometry fits in all this.

Also, what books do you people recommend for algebra and analytical geometry?
>>
File: hulk.png (409KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
hulk.png
409KB, 1144x888px
BUMP
>>
>>9162455
i read larson-hostelter precalculus but skipped the additional analytical geometry topics (ch10)

then you need to learn limits and hyperbolas, cause some calc textbooks omit them. after that you go into calculus.

i went from knowing 0 math to finishing calc 2 in 2 months flat, it's not that hard. good algebra is basically the most important thing to know
>>
>>9162455
I think it goes

calculus -> real analysis -> complex analysis-> topology -> smooth manifolds -> differential geometry -> complex manifolds and Hodge theory

calculus -> algebra -> commutative algebra -> algebraic geometry (classical) -> algebraic geometry (postmodern)

and then you have the proper prereqs for analytic geometry
>>
>>9162717
Why would one want to learn this shit?
>>
>>9162731
I mostly posted this as a joke. Analytic geometry is a high school topic, but also a (no longer active) research-level field in mathematics. I guess you'd want to learn it because you get exposure to a lot of beautiful theorems and ideas.

>inb4 the inevitable 1) education should be purely vocational 2) how does this help da reel whirruld"
1) Back to /pol/.
2) Stay mad, brainlet.
>>
>>9162743
Not mad, nor a pol faggot. If one excels in mathematics to that degree. How could one use it without being a programmer, scientist, etc. I always wanted to be good at higher level mathematics but what could I do with it besides tutoring? I'm a regular joe.
>>
>>9162756
>what could I do with it besides tutoring?
Not much, honestly. It would give you a good and interesting perspective and sharpen your critical thinking skills. I would look at studying mathematics as being like studying art history, you are studying the work of great minds, and you get to see a lot of beautiful things.
>>
If you're a layman, i'm not sure you need to know math by heart. but you can watch some meme-tier lecture on youtube like the khan academy vids to have a basic grasp if you'd like to
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>9162756
My university offered a masters course called algebraic geometry in coding, so I'm pretty sure there's still a use for abstract math in the real world
>>
File: 1481352717880.jpg (33KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481352717880.jpg
33KB, 300x375px
Pls
>>
>>9162455
Algebra first. If you have the time, take analytic geometry first then calculus, however you could (and most people do) learn them independently. Good luck!
>>
>>9164533
Thank you. Is analytical geometry included in pre calculus?
>>
>>9164552
They give some fundamentals of analytic geometry, but not a full course.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.