[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normiebook question/conspiracy Can anyone confirm this? I browse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170910-160751.png (176KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170910-160751.png
176KB, 720x1280px
Normiebook question/conspiracy
Can anyone confirm this?
I browse through Facebook from time to time and I'm noticing more and more "videos" like pic related that are just one image of text put into a video.
My idea is that these pages are actually run by companies like Sprint and AT&T so that when you're out in public using data instead of Wi-Fi to browse Facebook shit like this will run through your data way faster. And then the cell phone companies can charge for using more data.

Example. That screenshot I took is less than 200kb. The image itself would have been even less data than that. But put it in video format and it's 39 seconds long, which means it could potentially charge you for 40 mb for one fucking image. (Rough estimate based on video quality)

And because of how Facebook's latest update worked it autoplays the video instantly, so if you're not looking closely you won't even realize it's a video, and you'll just scroll past it, charging for even more data.
>>
>>9160654
what's the problem exactly? no one is making you autoplay videos, or even have a facebook
>>
>>9160672
The problem is that video in my screenshot had 245,000 views.
It looks like a page that every highschool girl would follow for the "OMG THAT'S SO ME" content.
A lot of teens browse Facebook when they're out with friends or in school, so that's a lot of teens using data and getting videos like this in their newsfeed. So if you have a kid who uses Facebook then whenever they go out there's a high chance they're using hundreds of times more data than they should be when they check their Facebook. And that's gonna be more you get charged for, more money going straight to the cell companies.
>>
Not /sci/, retard.
>>
>>9160684
again, why do you care exactly. How does this matter, and how is this even /sci/ related.
guess you don't remember the days of non-unlimited texting, parents would get thousands of dollars on their bills. who fucking cares?
>>
>>9160654
> private companies profiting from retarded facebook users
what's the problem ?
>>
>>9160654
Honestly didn't think of this. Pretty smart OP
>>
>>9160654
Facebook uses computational inference to determine what they show you. If they're showing you videos, it's because you'd rather watch a short video than just a picture.
>>
No, that has to do with how Facebook works. Posts with videos show to you more than the ones with images(maybe that has to do with these companies you mentioned). Remember when they released live stream and livestreams would show to everyone because Facebook wanted to highlight the feature so pages even steamed images to abuse it?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.