[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you boys ever think about thinking, or are you just following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: thinking-web-pic-300x300.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-web-pic-300x300.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
do you boys ever think about thinking, or are you just following you meaningless conquest to justify your life?
>>
>think about thinking,

This doesn't have anything to do with anything else in your post.

>meaningless conquest

Nihilists were a mistake.

>justify your life?

I don't need a justification to live OP. I'm only alive because my parents decided to fuck, and nothing's been able to kill me so far. Stop projecting.
>>
>>9156885
>thinking about thinking
knowing your own thoughts and perception of reality

>meaningless conquest to justify your life
following an arbitrary goal like, I'm gonna be the next Isaac Newton, instead of worrying about your own thoughts and well being.

basically what I'm trying to say is that most people on /sci/ is too narrow to understand themselves
>>
>>9156919
Most people are introspective yes, it is incredibly narrowminded and pretentious to think that you are special for doing so, and for assuming that the majority of people here are not introspective.
>>
>>9156923
but then again why would someone that has self-confidence and is introspective be on 4chan?
Most people who are introspective easily gain friends just by being themselves, and people on 4chan feel like they're putting on an edgy persona or don't truly know who they are.
>>
>>9156936
Not every person on 4chan is an incel, lumping everyone here into one group is equivalent to being that newfag who posts someone's facebook page and cell phone expecting a personal army
>>
>>9156919
>knowing your own thoughts and perception of reality

You mean self awareness?

>instead of worrying about your own thoughts and well being.

Following an "arbitrary" goal and caring about your well being isn't mutually exclusive. Just because a goal is "arbitrary" doesn't make it any less significant.

>basically what I'm trying to say is that most people on /sci/ is too narrow to understand themselves

Stop talking. You're generalizing.
>>9156923 pretty much summarized it.

>>9156936
>why would someone that has self-confidence and is introspective be on 4chan?

Because 4chan is just a website that can be left at any time. This site isn't a members only club exclusive for edgy outcasts. You'd have to be a complete newfag to believe this.

>and people on 4chan feel like they're putting on an edgy persona or don't truly know who they are.

Stop talking. You're either generalizing or projecting, and I'm guessing you're doing a mixture of both.
>>
Meta-cognition (thinking about thinking) is nothing new. Neither is thinking about meta-cognition. (thinking about thinking how you think)
>>
>>9156979
but are there multiple groups on 4chan? from what I've seen all interaction on this site only leads to temporary connection. And since there is no way to make long-lasting connection like in forums it's hard to make groups outside of threads about specific things and boards
>>9156982
I have no reason to project as I feel no anger towards 4chan, and have no major issues in my life at the moment.
I will admit to some generalizing as I'm assuming that everyone on 4chan acts exactly the same, when instead each induvidual has their own complexion and identity.
>>
>>9157031
>>9156875
>>9156919
>>9156936
Holy fuck, you're an idiot, if your question ain't math or science related then screw off, smart people go to 4chan while retards like you post on reddit.
>>
>>9157034
>smart people post on 4chan
actually let's just fucking close this thread for the sake of humanity
>>
>>9156875
OP I think you are one of those mentally challenged meditators who fail at simple things in life.
>>
>>9157006
>hashtag using common words then defining them as if they are esoteric, to make yourself feel good
>hashtag trolling strangers online to make yourself feel good
>hashtag metatrolling
>>
>>9157060
Are you projecting? Stop projecting
>>
>>9157141
It's what it's called, I get it sounds pretentious but I only said it so OP could have a key word to look up.
>>
All the time, ive been trying to shut it off for years
>>
Life has no meaning

I just want to find a RL Kurisu to hug and tell her everything is going to be ok.
>>
>do you ever think about thinking
Ah! Proof theory thread!
>justify life
Oh. Nevermind. Back to your containment board: >>>/lit/
>>
>>9156875
>>9156919
>>9156936
>>9157031
For someone who claims to be a deep introspective thinker your views are pretty fucking black and white.
>>
>>9156919
actually anons are too narrow to understand others.

its only when someone writes about something that strikes a chord in another anon because they have similar experiences.
However the part they focus on is how some anons story relates to themselves.
also considering how hard it is to tell if some anon is being ironic , or if they actually mean what they say on here.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.