[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently found out that I have an estimated IQ of 143. Is that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1492726010826.jpg (2MB, 2302x2944px) Image search: [Google]
1492726010826.jpg
2MB, 2302x2944px
Recently found out that I have an estimated IQ of 143. Is that good? I've seen the Bell Curve diagram, which says I'm in the top 1.3%, but I somehow find that hard to believe.
>>
>>9153420
>found out that I have an estimated IQ of 143
Based on what exactly? Did you take a real test or is this some online IQ test bullshit?
>>
please tell us more
>>
Just found that I'm 7'2", bench 300kg, run a 9.8 second 100m, look like a model, and have a 12" dick, is this good? I find this hard to believe
>>
>>9153423
Both. I took the autistic online tests and averaged around the mid 130's. I struggled with some of the pattern recognition questions tbqh (I'm colourblind). I then took the Mensa test and hit a 143.

I'd assumed 143 was slightly above average. I'm pretty shocked. I'm wondering now whether I should apply myself and take a PhD or some shit.

I'm still not convinced I'm in the top 1.3%.
>>
>>9153450
Mensa's legit. Why doubt it?
>>
>>9153452
>Why doubt it?
Because it's me. I knew I was semi-intelligent, but not that fucking intelligent. I run a chain of Dry Cleaners ffs, I'm not some Oxford educated elite that plays Polo on a Sunday.

Sorry people. I know this must all sound (read) awfully pretentious, I'm just in shock. I'm reeling from it.

Wtf do I do now? Go to Uni? Write to Elon Musk and ask for a job?
>>
>>9153452
Mensa's actually not that legit, IQ tests take literally months to get a proper score

/watch?v=8_O758GJWKs
>>
>>9153464
That's pretty fascinating, Anon, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. You already said you knew you were clever, but didn't feel like a genius, so why would you just drop everything and change your life because you were able to attach a percentile to your brain?

I don't doubt that you are naturally gifted. One must think, out of the thousands of millions of people out there, there must be millions of 140+ people just kind of... floating around, living seemingly regular lives.

I once read a study on the type of people who end up becoming millionaires. They usually lived very regular lives, and had dull-boring jobs, such as a rubber plant owner, or dry cleaner franchisee... You got a good thing going. I see no reason to abandon your current life for some academic pipedream, unless you are very unhappy with your current life because, chances are, changing course now wouldn't work anyways.

Congrats, OP. Welcome to the club.
>>
>>9153420
143 is higher than the top 1.43%. It's well inside the 99th percentile. The sd is 15. Look up some z-tables and figure it out.

What's more important is your score on each individual sub-test. Look at your highest and lowest scores and try to find which academic area they each apply to.
>>
File: 1439310289047.png (314KB, 710x781px) Image search: [Google]
1439310289047.png
314KB, 710x781px
What shocks me is all these people believing (some pretending/larping) that IQ measures your intelligence.
>>
143 is around 3 std devs which puts you around .02% not 1.3%, right?
>>
>>9155048
*0.2%
>>
File: 1490851625478.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490851625478.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>9153420
>im 12 years old and i have 150 iq, is that good?
>>
Why are IQ threads still allowed
>>
>>9153485
a voice of reason in a sea of neets
>>
>>9153464
Do whatever the fuck you want. IQ is bullshit and the only thing that actually matters in how successful you are is how many shits you give.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.