[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would it be possible to use nukes to disrupt the hurricane, possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 0f5.png (38KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
0f5.png
38KB, 853x543px
would it be possible to use nukes to disrupt the hurricane, possible by using a series of them detonated successively in order to create a counter-vortex
>>
Even if they could affect the wind patterns, which they couldn't because the amount of energy needed to that would be staggering, then you have a tropical storm spewing radioactive products everywhere,

The only thing powerful enough to affect the weather is the Sun.

A hurricane is on the order of at least 10^20 joules.
>>
>>9151914
yield for fusion weapons can easily be increased indefinitely, radiation is negligible for fusion as well, it's all about positioning of the explosions for maximum effect, and possibly also timing, if one was to use multiple successive explosions to create some sort of counterwave
>>
>>9152177
Clearly the answer is to detonate them in the eye because the hurricane rotates around a low pressure cell.

Turn that into a high pressure cell and the hurricane will dissipate. Though I would cast doubts to whether you can turn a low pressure cell into a high pressure one by detonating nukes in it, but it is a better idea than trying to detonate them anywhere else in the hurricane.
>>
The gods are punishing America for having too many white males

the solution is to sacrifice as many of them at an mesoamerican pyramid to satisfy the deities
>>
>>9152190
Europe is getting a fate worse than a hurricane though, moderate muslims.
>>
And create a radioactive hurricane?
>>
>>9151898
yes, in the sense that a flamethrower powered by human shit can clear a snow-filled driveway
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.