[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate with math degree >get software job >think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1219-0-cry.jpg (27KB, 460x282px) Image search: [Google]
1219-0-cry.jpg
27KB, 460x282px
>graduate with math degree
>get software job
>think it'll involve problem solving, logical thought, etc.
>want to study in mean-time and prepare for graduate school in CS
>job is 100% random drama and image management
>drained after work and usually don't study
>slowly becoming a brainlet
what do
>>
>>9151768
become a NEET and slowly await your inevitable death
>>
>>9151768
Eww what company? I need to be sure to never work there
>>
>>9151816
IMO just avoid telco in general. personal opinion
>>
>>9151768
>software job
get to work, CodeMonkey
>>
>>9151768
I found myself in that situation. I stayed for an entire year but I quit because it was seriously affecting me. My only advice is: just focus on academia, get a Ph.D., become a researcher. That's what I'm doing. That's what works.
>>
>>9151841
i keep getting lazier and lazier at work and abusing the work from home policy more and more because my relocation fee is waived if i get laid off versus quit. maybe i'm taking the wrong approach
>>
>>9151843
>i keep getting lazier and lazier at work
Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me. By the end there were days where I would come in and just do literally nothing. I would just arrive, get to my desk, turn the computer on, check my email and then browse the internet.
>>
>>9151768
Teach math..
>>
>>9151768
>image management
Every one of the possible meanings of this phrase are very unlikely
>>
File: 1443269878119.jpg (182KB, 679x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1443269878119.jpg
182KB, 679x1024px
>>9151768
>random drama and image management
Ah, what an apt description of "software jobs".

Was in a similar situation with a CS degree. I quit those jobs and went back for a geology degree. Happy days. Honestly, I'm lucky because I had that option. But I would have chosen homeless and whoring my ass before working any longer with those fucks. CS and IT people are just the worst people. I'm pretty sure they're not even human. I saw all the signs while at university, but I chose to ignore them. Live and learn, I guess.
>>
>>9151869
>Every one of the possible meanings of this phrase are very unlikely
How so? Most people have to manage their personal public image at work
>>
time to get that ritalin/adderall prescription going my man

had a 100% day job as well whilst studying economics at uni, even though the job wasn't really draining on a mental level, i arrived at home tired most of the time.

ritalin 10mg = 4 hours effect
so i studied for a couple of hours each night before going to bed at 23:00

took me a little longer than 3years for my bachelors degree but i did it
>>
>>9151774
This

Get enough wagecuck money for a powerful pc and then get into VR powered neetness
>>
>>9151768
become homeless and study real maths, reject the normal life jewish trash try to trick you into
read Thus Spoke Zarathustra and redpill yourself ASAP
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.