[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At the end of the Rick and Morty episode "Rick Potion #9"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: HKma79R.jpg (398KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
HKma79R.jpg
398KB, 1365x768px
At the end of the Rick and Morty episode "Rick Potion #9" Rick says to Morty,"It's not like we can do this every week, anyway. We get three or four more these, tops."

How does Rick arrive at this estimation?
>>
>>9150446
Well a) it's a sci fi comedy show where the joke is that Rick just has that info in the back of his head for some fucked up reason and it's not supposed to be important information beyond that and b) there is evidently a finitely many alternate realities where what he just did would work so he, I dunno, counted them?
>>
>>9150446

Improvisational comedy.
>>
>>9150446
The subset of the infinite series is, itself, not infinite.
>>
It's a play on your expectation. The chance of a Rick and a Morty dying right when you need them must be astronomical. But with infinite universes, the joke is that there are still 3 or 4 of these situations.

... not really as funny when you dissect it though...
>>
>>9150502
Why do you get 3 or 4 of these situations out of infinite universes? Why not millions? Why not zero? Why not 15?
>>
>>9150446
If it becomes a trend in the show people would start to get annoyed by it and he's joking that the audience's patience won't last more than a few resets.
>>
>>9151123
This.
It's a joke breaking the 4th wall.
>>
>>9151097
Infinite universes != infinite accessible universes.
The rick citadel and the use of the phrase 'central finite curve' should tell you exactly what's going on.

Also, it's a fucking cartoon dude it's not supposed to be hard to understand.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.