[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What I've been taught in primary school about math and physics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

What I've been taught in primary school about math and physics of motion:
>Your position/coordinates are the basic and most relevant information
>Speed is a just neat way of representing the change of position
>Acceleration is just a neat way of representing the change of speed, ie. Change in change of position

Fast forward past my first worthless degree.

What I'm being taught now, as I try to grasp higher physics:
>Acceleration is the most important thing and the only one with real relevance and tangible effect
>Speed is that thing that changes when you accelerate. Barely matters on it's own and can be safely disregarded most of the time
>what the fuck is a position

Life was easier before humans invented science.
>>
>>9148617
lol OP I laughed sry your thread has no replies
>>
>>9148617
Babbys first
>>
Well, if you weren't a retard you would have realized that the easiest variable to change in a physical system between the three is acceleration, it is also the one that is mostly constant/can be described without respect to time most of the time.
>>
>>9148617
You need to understand the difference between position and coordinates.
>>
>>9149662
I think the jokes accelerates at a high rate at position above you head's coordinates
>>
>>9148617
kek
>>
>speed
>not velocity
you need to go back to your physics classes
>>
>>9148617
>Speed is that thing that changes when you accelerate. Barely matters on it's own and can be safely disregarded most of the time

The important thing to realize about velocity is that its ENTIRELY relative. So you can't even measure it unless you have two objects. It just doesn't make sense, it would be like trying to measure distance with only one object.

Acceleration is only a rotation in your space time vector. So without any acceleration all vector directions are equally fast at moving through time, this we is why the twin paradox looks like a paradox if you don't consider the acceleration. Bringing acceleration into it, which we know as a rotation of the normally straight vector, we can see that the space time path is no longer a straight line. And a straight line is the fastest way to move though space time(standing still without acceleration). So it makes sense that the twin who had to accelerate twice had to take a longer space time path and will travel slower in time.
>>
>>9150682
Acceleration has nothing to do with the twin paradox. You still have a time discrepancy between the twins even if you don't calculate the acceleration.
>>
>>9150933
>You still have a time discrepancy between the twins even if you don't calculate the acceleration.
not when they meet up
>>
>>9150933
Nope, acceleration is the only thing that makes it so one twin ages less than the other.
You are totally wrong. Explain your argument further if you don't agree.
>>
>>9151119
It's funny how there are so many ways people misunderstand the twin paradox.
I've heard it told and "explained" by people over the years in so many ways.
My favorite is when some people who are not even aware of relativity bring it up thinking that is just refers to difference is how people measure solar time.
>>
>>9150581
How are they different? In my language speed and velocity is are translated with one word.
>>
>>9152087
They are often used interchangeably, but if you want to be precise, speed is just a scalar value that describes the rate at which you move in a frame of reference. Velocity is the entire vector, and it includes the direction in which you're moving.
The way OP used it - it makes little difference.
>>
>>9148617
>He still hasn't realized that position, momentum, and energy are the fundamental physical quantities
>laughinghamilton.jpg
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.