[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure where to bring this but I have a question about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: spirals.jpg (253KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
spirals.jpg
253KB, 800x600px
Google isn't providing any help or information about a history of this in anybody. But a friend of mine has recently divulged a phobia of his which is a fear of spinning spirals, such as whorl pools or top down views of hurricanes. And I wanted to know if any of you knew any articles or any historical documentations involving this fear, or even if has been legitimized with a scientific name.
>>
>>9147694
Is he also afraid of spider web-like networks?
>>
>>9147694
dude he might get seizures, and his body is forcing him to look away before it even starts
>>
>>9147697
I'm sorry about the later reply. I got distracted by another friend of mine coming to me with some pretty heavy life story stuff.

No he's not afraid of spider webs, or anything small and nonthreatening like a top. in his case it has to be of a large or implied threatening size
but I believe that just may be his specific case of the phobia. He evens states that while he knows its not threatening when he looks into the spirals that he's over come with a sense of dread.

>>9147716
That'd be terrifying. But I don't know if he's ever had a seizure. I know he can look at them for a very brief amount of time before he starts pumping adrenaline , sweating and has to look away
>>
File: uzumaki-1137041.jpg (223KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
uzumaki-1137041.jpg
223KB, 600x887px
Weird OP, i cant find anything on this either. But i did find a few instances of other people having a similar fear. One particularly after reading this comic.
>>
File: FNF-Uzumaki11.jpg (76KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
FNF-Uzumaki11.jpg
76KB, 500x401px
>>9147694
>Fear of Spirals.
There a horror manga called Uzumaki Just about that.
>Uzumaki means Spiral in Japanese.
It's a manga where people from a town became crazy & obsessed by Spiral. Start as Alucinations but then they become disfigured & horrendous monsters with Spiral shapes.
>>
>>9148341
>>9148347
Good taste guys. I love Ito, and this is exactly what I thought of when he told me.But it's just surprising to me that there isn't really anything about the spiral phobia, even with uzumaki being decently popular.
>>
>>9148334
It's a natural phobia. Even people without full blown phobia usually feel uneasy looking at it. It's closely related to the fear of heights.

My assumption is that it has to do with dizziness. You know that feel of becoming dizzy when looking down from extreme heights or very deep holes? It's probably the same association your brain makes when looking at spirals.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.