[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your brain is more powerful than any computer on Earth yet you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: brain_universe.jpg (93KB, 640x240px) Image search: [Google]
brain_universe.jpg
93KB, 640x240px
Your brain is more powerful than any computer on Earth yet you still have a relatively low IQ. Come on are you even trying?
>>
>>9147590
>yet you still have a relatively low IQ
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>9147599
Can you instantly solve complex math problems that are typically left for computers? That is what I meant by relatively. The processing power of the brain vs what people demonstrate it can do is pretty sad. You can say it is because we did not evolve to do it but technically we should be able to anything a computer can do, only better.
>>
>>9147590
Your delivery was offensive and it hurt my feelings. Try again
>>
>>9147590
>Your brain is more powerful than any computer on Earth
Absolute intelligence and capability is difficult to define, largely due to a lack of a truly meaningful metric. I can say quite bluntly that the brain is vastly inferior for certain tasks, and certain types of functioning. And I don't mean raw numerical computation or iterations per second, I mean something as basic as "manners" of consciousness. Frames of mind. I devoted a lot of effort to fluidly switching states, and at most times, it's simply not feasible. The machinery of the mind requires time and a certain initial starting state to shift into another frame, or shifting into a bridge state where others can be accessed. Other kinds of functions use a massive amount of working memory and leave you otherwise crippled.

A computer (transistor based signal manipulator and processor) does not suffer from these problems, and can do all of this with ease. Its ability to transition through states does not have the same mechanical constraints. The only time I've been able to reach the fluidity I desired was after drinking 3/4 of a fifth of potato vodka over the course of 6-8 hours, and eating a large amount of kava. When I was in the brief window between drunk and hungover, I could think, do, and be anything. It was as though the limiters I have felt and fought my entire life were gone. The chains had come off. The world felt larger and I felt both great peace and existential misery.

Regardless. Computers are better finite state machines, and have more fine grained control.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.