[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to block a website from your computer? Not just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: uma.jpg (26KB, 343x262px) Image search: [Google]
uma.jpg
26KB, 343x262px
Is there a way to block a website from your computer?

Not just your browser, but from your computer. I don't want to be able to download chrome and access all my distracting websites.
>>
>>>/g/
>>
You just edit your hosts file. Also you can put filters in your router if its good enough.

If you are truly paranoid you might contact your ISP to block a website for you.
>>
> I don't want to be able to download chrome and access all my distracting websites
Does that mean you're not using chrome?

If that's the case, install Chrome and uninstall your current browser.
Then look for an extension to Chrome that blocks sites (you can find one easily), block all your "distracting sites" AND block all the sites that allow you to download other browsers.
>>
>>9147183
cold turkey

assuming its for you, just dont go out of your way to attempt to bypass it or look up how to bypass it, and you're fine.
>>
>>9147183
To be successful you're going to have to give control to some outside agency. At the very least you'll have to use some kind of time lock system. Otherwise you'll just go in and change it when you want to "sin."
>>
It's called growing a pair of balls.
>>
kek there used to be posts like this on /g/ all the time when i browsed there.

it's like, if you know how to block the websites, and you have the motivation to set that up, but you dont have the resolve to control yourself in the first place, what's to stop you from just unblocking the websites?

Like you're going to hop on your computer, try to go to an addicting website, and be like ohh no i blocked it, i guess im suddenly going to go do something productive instead.

Fucking kek, you are an addict on the genetic level
>>
>>9148898

brainlet detected

people don't consciously realize they're procrastinating when they begin to do it.
>>
>>9148898
nah, sometimes i automatically open /int/, /lit/ and /sci/ when i should be working on something. It's not entirely conscious, it's just habit. BLocking it increases steps, which makes you conscious of what you're doing and what you really want to do. Enabling you to stop.
>>
>>9147184
/g/ is shit

OP
Ask /diy/ how to make a raspbery pi add block router. Then just add all the websites you want to avoid to the block list. Or just google it.

also, I just realized if I did the same thing but made it time locked it'd increase my productivity while still allowing me to visit 4chins. Just make a small script that turns off the addblock for a few hours every day.
>>
>>9149442
>people don't consciously realize they're procrastinating when they begin to do it.
>>9149563
>It's not entirely conscious

victim mentality
weak resolve
self-fulfilling prophecy
confirmation bias
low brain volume

at least one of these explains why you both think that. Claiming you cant help "accidentally overindulging" yourself is fucking pathetic
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.