[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can one of you guys start a youtube channel about complex mathematical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Can one of you guys start a youtube channel about complex mathematical theories?
Even if your ideas are baseless, even if they are foggy. I love hearing about math.

Are there any good channels with depth? not just surface level stuff? in depth theories about topology and chaos theory
>>
Harvard Math
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZgHOeJBfMKOZ5PMlZysy8Q

Institute for Advanced Study
https://www.youtube.com/user/videosfromIAS

Taylor Dupuy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHWnZ1NtJ4WvE5AHmNVXziw
>Number Theory, Algebraic Geometry and Model Theory
>>
>>9147173
The problem is we all haven't got much time as it is and I personally don't find it that appealing to make a whole youtube channel for just select few individuals. I think there's alredy plenty of the necessary parts on the YT.
>>
>>9147178
To add to that

Anyone who actually got through these advanced topics couldn't probably see themselves covering the topic without necessary rigour and that pretty much means creating a whole set of rigorous lectures. That's a lot of work
>>
>>9147173
Just find Wildberger. The absolute madman has made series going from elementary geometry to fucking algebraic topology. All on youtube. From start to series. Just his series math foundations has like 300 episodes and right now he is doing a series on calculus and analysis. He has it all.
>>
>>9147200
Does he meme on irrationals in his actual lectures or does he just do that shit in his free time.
>>
>>9147200
desu I still can't fucking understand why a bright guy like him would be so bumfucked by irrationality as to create another whole fucking ocean of math.
>>
>>9147208
If it is a video in which he is going to rant about irrationals then you will know that from the title. He doesn't do that often.

That said in his first lecture in algebraic topology he said something about how instead of working in with real points, they were just going to work with rational points. At the end of the day all that happened is that he just wrote Q instead of R everywhere when talking about spheres and shit. Basically the same you would learn everywhere. He also does this when talking about linear algebra. He says that the rational numbers are enough to do linear algebra, just like they are enough to do algebraic topology.
>>
>>9147222
He is simply too pure for this world. He is a revolutionary. A genius. Literally, if he had been born in the times of the foundational crisis in mathematics today we would be using rational trigonometry, data structures instead of sets, multisets for the foundations of number theory, etc.
>>
>>9147173

Watching lecture videos is a waste of time. If you want to read something with some actual depth, you're better off doing a literature review of whatever subject you're interested in, and then summarizing what you have read, taking notes of trends, common or important connections to other subjects, etc.

It is "harder" (not really) but much more satisfying and the added bonus is that you will be that much better at thinking for yourself and be that much less dependent on youtube lectures to get your ideas.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.