[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys organize your notes? Notebooks, binders, folders,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How do you guys organize your notes? Notebooks, binders, folders, loose paper, computer, your head?
Do you use some technique to organize the information?
>>
>>9146698
many notebooks, no organization at all, multiple subjects per notebook, sometimes free scraps of paper. Usually not a problem because I can remember what notebook what I'm looking for is in and roughly where it is in the notebook.
I have managed to set up a notebook where one subject starts at the beginning and where another starts from the end and is written upside down relative to the other one so it reads non-jap both ways. That's the most organized my physical notes get. My digital shit is almost autistically well organized and always typed up in latex, though.
>>
>>9146698
When I learn for an exam, I read textbooks while writing all things down in short, with pictures to make sure I don't just skim through it and understand it.
When I'm done I read the notes and write down whatever I didn't memorized again on a cheatsheet and try to memorize that with help of mnemonics.
>>
>>9146698
two notebooks for each class
-one for lecture
-one for textbook, big one if 1< textbooks

one burn book, yellow notepad, loose leaf paper
-rote memorization exercises
-solving problems

3 ring binder
-keep homework
-keep exams
-write solutions if not provided them
-refined glossary of definitions or theorems, minimal proofs and no examples that's what the book notes and lecture notes are for

Study routine: blank paper method/ Feynman method
-get a blank paper and close all books
-take a theorem or definition
-explain it non rigorously
-prove it rigorously
>>
>>9146698
I would suggest just googling something like, "college note taking methods for people with ADD."

Even if you don't have ADD, the methods given will probably help you become more productive in your studies.

I have a memory problem that I seek therapy & psych support for, and the way that they state I should organize my notes are in a very particular way, and in a way that, in my opinion, sort of standardizes organization for school work and other information. It could probably work for everyone at a certain base-line level, but I do believe that it could slow some learners down. It has helped me though, and it's as follows:

Let every class have a separate & labeled binder. There should be one more binder of a vivid & contrasting color from the rest that is only meant for complete & incomplete homework/work tasks. If it is self-study, then you should find worksheets based off of what you're studying online, print those out, and make that your homework.

Each class binder should have an ample supply of page protectors & section dividers ready. For the section dividers, I will have each one labeled for the individual chapters or units.

For the current unit being studied, I will have all of my notes for the unit or chapters that I am learning presented in the very front of the binder before everything else; they will be in individual sheet protectors (utilizing the both sides of the protectors). These notes will be anything based on my class that the professor has handed out to me; not my own notes. If any notes are handed out, then I will remove the page protectors and read/skim through them.

I'll then read through the textbook chapter, take notes, and then compare them to the notes that my professor handed out. These notes will go into page protectors BEHIND the course notes. I'll then move on to the homework folder & complete the work that needs to be done. After I feel like I have fully grasped the chapter, I move all notes to their unit divider.
>>
>>9146698
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>9148240
Tianna Gregory
>>
>>9148415
>Tianna Gregory
thanks
>>
I stuff graph paper in a folder. I don't look at my notes unless they are on something not covered by the book though.
>>
>>9146698

I always try to organize, in a matter of days it all goes to shit

it starts with saving files on desktop instead of the proper folder and ends up with schizophrenic diary of note-taking

in the end I kind of end up enjoying the little detective mistery, putting all the non-sensical pieces into an indication that there may have been a theoretical whole class during the semester
>>
Folders on my computer, one per course. Binders with lined paper for written notes. I try to digitize all my written notes. For math stuff I just have binders because idk how to use LaTex.
>>
One disc bound notebook (so moving pages around is a breeze) for class notes and one for textbooks/research. I also use org-mode with LaTeX when I'm feeling like it. Really depends on the source, if I'm reading a book which is shit for reference - say non-clear hypothesis or crappy choice of notation - then I'll use LaTeX for reference latter since I hate organizing things with paper.
>>
>>9146698
I use a pocket expanding file for storing documents like schoolwork, handouts, syllabi, etc. One "pocket" for each class. I take most of my notes in onenote on my tablet. I then keep a spiral notebook for if I need to hand write something or for scrap paper. Before I used my tablet, I just had a spiral notebook for each class. Record audio of my lectures on my phone if needed.

>>9147187
Anyone else want to post study routines? I'm curious.

For general study, I just look over the readings and notes. For exams, I usually take the study guide of key concepts or the syllabus schedule, then handwrite a guide covering all the important information in bullet form. Then I use that guide as a follows: I cover sub bullets, see how much information on the main bullets I can recite, then see what I missed. It can be overkill to some extent because I usually have everything down by the time I finish making the guide. I also add in practice problems as needed. If making a guide takes too long, then I just skip it and do the bullet covering thing with my notes or textbook.
>>
File: s0114022_sc7[1].jpg (17KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
s0114022_sc7[1].jpg
17KB, 380x380px
>>9146698
Loose leave paper with holes punched. I assemble them in a folder with fasteners and tabs.

It keeps my notes to about 50 leaves/100 pages, quick reference with the tabs, I can attach any worksheets given by the instructor by hole punching them. It won't have a worn out coil of a notebook. The plastic won't wear out. I attached all materials, homework, quizzes, exams included, so it's comprehensive. Whenever the teacher mentions this is going to be on an exam, I put a sticky note on top.

Another thing which I have are ringed flash cards.
>>
LaTeX logbooks
>>
>>9149997
I also write all my notes in pen. It means that the pages won't smear for reference.

If there was a way for me to quickly scan each paper, double sided, ocr, and then output as a pdf, I would do it. Then I'd have some sort of accompanying voice recognition-MP3 recording software.

I only use notebooks for exercises
>>
>>9150003
there's an android app called camscanner that does that
>>
>notes
Brainlets
>>
>>9146698
>Sexy X girl
>Always puts item related to X in mouth
Wtf
>>
X amount of single subject notebooks for x amount of hard/4 credit classes

One 3 subject notebook for easy/1 credit classes

Textbooks on kindle and no folders

Dropbox to organize downloads by Semester>Class
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.