/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has this approach been pushed to it's breaking point? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: get_redpilled_bitch.png (138KB, 2251x1002px) Image search: [Google]
get_redpilled_bitch.png
138KB, 2251x1002px
This paper discusses a CLASSICAL /radiationless/ (bound-states) electrodynamic theory... a Bohr model of the atom that seems to me (so far) to actually WORK. The trick? The introduction of retarded potentials (the speed of light is finite, stoopid).

But, you might say, nothing with the predictive power and accuracy of QM could be 'wrong'. And I would agree: QM seems to be able to predict the observables of nature... but we seem stuck with interpretations of QM that most find too bizzare to be satisfying. If QM ends up mapping 1:1 onto this classical approch, we are back to the good ol' days (I personally think people try to go too deep into 'interpretation'; it gains you literally nothing).

I could go on and on about all of this but, what does /sci/ think?
>>
>>9146498
retarded potentials are old as fuck bro

Einstein learned about them and then applied their principles to all matter and he got relativity out of it

if retarded potentials could predict everything we wouldn't have needed quantum mechanics
>>
>>9146498
QM is basically the idea that anything can happen as long as it fits well enough with what a person expects would be right to make them not notice.
>>
File: vipames.jpg (276KB, 1202x1064px) Image search: [Google]
vipames.jpg
276KB, 1202x1064px
>>9146730

A retarded potential is just the realization that the speed of light is finite. Einsteins contribution was to ask "yeah, but in what inertial frame is the speed of light = C?" It turned out to be all of them.

> if retarded potentials could predict everything we wouldn't have needed quantum mechanics

This is my exact point on inquiry , BRAH.

And there is more than retarded potentials at play here: the key here is finding a current density that satisfies the non-radiative condition...

This is what I've come to expect on /sci/: I post a very interesting tour-DE-force theory that can reproduce the results the QM (albeit here just in a specific case) and instead of reading the paper and seeing that it arrives at an analogous uncertainty principle, etc.... all I get is LARP.
>>
>>9147780
m8

literally take a 4th year electromagnetic class and you'll see why retarded potentials are pretty useless then you'll learn about special relativity as a replacement for them

you can fuck off with your pop sci if you're just going to disregard any criticism to your shit theory

the earliest fucking thing that retarded potentials don't account for is the photoelectric effect

as well the uncertainty principle probably pops up because retarded potential analysis is waves
>>
>>9147805
Objection, OP is living proof of how retarded potentials persist.
>>
>>9146498
There are lots of other models that can replicate QM, another one isnt that impressive. the real test is if it can match the predictive power of QFT.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.