[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a 4th year grad student preparing my thesis on the differences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2055.jpg (61KB, 540x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2055.jpg
61KB, 540x625px
I am a 4th year grad student preparing my thesis on the differences in IQ between races. It's a bit more specific than that but I won't reveal too much as it would be easy to figure out who I am. My question is to you folks is are there any legitimate concerns you have regarding Lynn's research on the subject matter? I will be citing his research quite frequently, both in a positive and negative light, and I want to see if there are any points raised that I have yet to discover on my own. There are some notable people who have shared rebuttals to a lot of his work but in my honest opinion it seemed more politically oriented than academic so I am ignoring it. Thank you for your time.
>>
File: cool.jpg (69KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
69KB, 340x372px
>>9145842
hey
dont fuck up your dissertation and lose out on the chance for any academic credibility because you try to claim that "x race is inferior" or something. That's about the stupidest thing you could do.
Make sure you're using ridiculously explicit facts and evidence, and your logical leaps are incredibly sound.
You do not want to leave something up to interpretation when they think you might be a racist.
>>
>>9145842
You need the local universities of the shit hole places you want study to devise and conduct the tests, otherwise the long-argued idea that western IQ tests are biased will invalidate your results.

So some physics puzzle involving a wheelbarrow where people don't have wheelbarrows because they are too stupid and poor to know how a wheel or lever works will invalidate the results.
>>
>>9146073
This.

You're already walking on eggshells OP. Stick to hard, numerical facts and try to remain as tonally neutral as possible. Avoid making broad, general, or imprecise statements. If you give them any opportunity, they will crucify you.
>>
>>9145842
>I am a 4th year grad student preparing my thesis on the differences in IQ between races.
If this is real.. are you a in a "social sciences" program, or a real science program like genetics?
>>
>>9145842
no you're not.
>>
>>9145842
DONT FUCJKNGD DO THIS YOUR LIFE WILL BE WASTED
>>
>>9146073
I'm not claiming anything. It's compiled data that is making the claim.
>>
>>9147403

It doesn't matter. Data is racist and evil, and you will be crucified if you don't pretend the data doesn't exist.
>>
>>9145842
Lynn actually used diaspora results and tied it to the nation they came from and in other cases for nations he has no data on he averaged the scores from surrounding nations.

He used old ass scores of an orphanage for developmentally disabled kids for Equatorial Guinea.

Others he discarded high scores for Africans nations while he left some high scores in for other developed nations (like using a private, very rich and intensive Japanese high School which is definitely not the norm).
>>
>>9147498
>He used old ass scores of an orphanage for developmentally disabled kids for Equatorial Guinea.

lol if true
>>
>>9147498
Do you have a source for this claim besides the SPLC?
>>
>>9145842
obviously the study would be controversial. nowadays it's probably even more dangerous to do so.

i'm not well read on the subject or your methodology, but i feel like if you don't make a "safe" conclusion (IQ tests are broken, outside factors besides race are the reason for this) that has already been parroted nonstop, the best case scenario is that your study is just going to be discarded.

bonus points if you get protested by a bunch of undergrads
>>
>>9145842
Why
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.