[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer """""""""""""""""""""""""science"""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1462914882467.png (20KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
1462914882467.png
20KB, 842x595px
Computer """""""""""""""""""""""""science""""""""""""""""""""" aka applied autism hate thread. Literally a discipline for low iq autists who can't into actual stem. They literally shouldn't be allowed to post on this board. This counts as the designated meta thread because i made a suggestion relating to the board so dont delete it.
>>
File: 1444106335639.jpg (154KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1444106335639.jpg
154KB, 1000x750px
its an ez fix, however 4chan is too sjw now days to do it.

you just

ban

anime (on /sci/)

Ever been to /g/? Its PACKED full of these autists. It's also PACKED full of these autists posting anime, specifically the shitty japanese pedo cartoons you see here. Here's their weakness though, they are incredibly sensitive about their anime posting rights, and if they were revoked, the butthurt would entirely consume any motivation to participate in only the most rigorous of methmatics.
>>
>>9145404
this hurt my feelings :^(
>>
Anyone who shits on CS has never heard of telecom engineering. They're the worst by a fucking landslide, and not only in their school. Even at work they're a bunch of faggots who show up once a year while the company's project dies miserably.
>>
>>9145404
why is philosophy so high?
>zero experience in math

no they are with the rest of the fucking arts

also, where the fuck is geoscience faggot? you do realize we take the same courses as engineers up to the 400 level?
>>
While we're onto the meta of things, can mods finally fucking get rid of /pol/ from /sci/?

It used to be you could hand out a ban for no reason, just because you could. Now they only do it if it's rulebreaking, which is some pussy shit- they can't control for cancer that exists within the rules anymore.

Either that or all the mods are humongous cock gobbling faggots.
>>
>>9145515
That's an IQ spread, genius. Philosophers have traditionally high IQ.

Sounds memey, but math and philosophy are eerily similar, just different in how they manipulate and deal with logic. It's all the study of logical relationships, just within a strict, prescriptive structure (mathematics) or in a less strict, descriptive structure (philosophy).
>>
social workers and teachers are some of the dumbest people I've ever met.
>>
>>9145525
give me a philosopher in the last 50 years of any significance. Ill wait.
>>
>>9145641
Karl Popper, Thomas Kuhn, many other philosophers interested in science who have contributed to their works on bringing the scientific theory under a microscope and analyzing methodology, helping to establish a better system.

Seriously, you have to be 18 years old or older to post.
>>
Without CS, no one would be able to read or write this thread, you know...
You cs haters are so ungrateful!
>>
>>9145515
Read a lot books and thinking about it.
>>
>>9145404
Academia make CS very low skill math BS to produce a lot software developer.
>>
>>9145715
That's a dumb argument. You could say the same about the person who built your house or the person that picks up your garbage.
Just because a profession is crucial for society doesn't mean it's a noble one.
That said, I do think CS has some very interesting and meaningful areas. It's the CS students that I hate.
>>
If done _seriously_, CS is probably the most advanced/hardest STEM subject because it's highly interdisciplinary:

It is philosophy (e.g. "what is randomness?", "what is intelligence?", "what is computation?", ...)
It is applied math (e.g. "what is the expectation value of operations of quicksort?", "how can we numerically solve that pde?", ...)
It is pure math (e.g. "Can we prove that a graph with this constraint has a matching?", "Is the number of algorithms equal to the cardinality of the continuum?", ...)
It is engineering (e.g. "How can we build an IC out of transistors?", "How can we speed up computation by caching?", ...)
>>
>>9145755

Sorry, but you're retarded.

If we're using shitty analogies it would be the architect and structural engineer that designed your house and the systems engineer that designed the garbage trucks and disposal system.
>>
File: large-icon.png (66KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
large-icon.png
66KB, 460x259px
>>9145404
I work in the CS field and i agree with you, i took an iq test few years ago and i scored 140 (i don't believe iq relates to intelligence, just logic)

CS is discipline, solve one problem after another, read a lot of documentation.

You need abstraction to write reusable code.

You need empathy to write good and clean code and think about other people using it.

You need logic but 90% of the time problems ain't hard to solve (after you broke them down to smaller problems)

You need patience to read BAD documentation or to understand stuff with bad documentation.

I will go for a math grade soon for the lulz and i want to work in the datascience field after.
>>
File: 1501695445135.jpg (59KB, 955x535px) Image search: [Google]
1501695445135.jpg
59KB, 955x535px
>>9145404
>estimated from average GRE score
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.