[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do anti-depressants and alcohol have any interaction in the brain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: neurologyNHSJS.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
neurologyNHSJS.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
Do anti-depressants and alcohol have any interaction in the brain? I asked my doctor, and they told me that have no interaction, and they effect entirely different parts of the brain. Is this really true? I find it very hard to believe they don't cross paths with each other at all. Every time I drink alcohol I fear I am doing extreme damage to my brain by drinking while also taking antidepressant medication, but my doctor continually tells me it is not a problem. Are they right, or is there a lot more to the story?
>>
>>9145279
pewrrt ayew rgwt eufgr.
>>
>>9145279
Why are you trusting random faggots on the internet rather than a medical professional with years of training? If you're that worried about it, do the research or find another doctor and get a second opinion.
>>
>>9145279
>implying that chemicals affect different parts of the brain
>implying that modern brain medication isn't a blunt weapon that works marginally better than a placebo and has tons of side effects
do you really think alcohol just goes and sits in its own fucking corner of the brain like a kid in timeout while the anti-depressants go and quietly do their jobs in their own little corner? Here's a hint; they don't. When you take medicine, it ends up in your bloodstream, which is then distributed to all of the parts of the brain because, spoiler alert, every part of your brain needs blood.
Jesus fuck, you must be retarded to believe her, and even more retarded to come here and ask us instead of researching yourself. Fuck the hell off.
>>
Drop your hypochondria, the body is a messy thing. Nothing about it stays in one place and it's not supposed to. Alcohol kills brain cells, anti-depressants fuck up brain chemistry, make peace with it or stop taking them and make peace with the alternatives.

The key thing is that alcohol increase the rate at which the brain and the body absorb things into the system. For some medicine this is very very dangerous. For other medicine it's really not a big deal. If your anti-depressant says that it's OK to take with alcohol, then it probably is because everyone's afraid of being sued and always errs on the side of caution.
>>
They do, a close friend of mine ending up in the hospital after drinking while taking Wellbutrin. Listen to your doctor though faggot why are you asking us
>>
Both are poison eat herb
>>
>>9147378

DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>9145279
Depends on which one, it's a better idea just to drink much slower and see how you feel, and not to get black out drunk
>>
>>9145279
*affect
>>
>>9145279
Supposedly you get drunk faster on anti-depressants and the day after is much worse on your physical and emotional state of being. I take 100mg Zoloft, and I avoid drinking because it makes me anxious.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.