[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait, are midichlorians real ? I thought it was just a star

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: midichlorian.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
midichlorian.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Wait, are midichlorians real ? I thought it was just a star wars thing ?
>>
>>9144076
That's a mitochondria. It synthesizes ATP, which is used to fuel many reactions in a cell.
>>
>>9144083
So star wars was right ?
>>
Did you know mitochondria were able to live outside the cell at one point, and is basically the first instance of domestication/slavery in recorded history?
I wonder, does this mean mitochondria are their own organism? Are mitochondria more alive than a virus is?
>>
>>9144109
we must pay reparations to single celled organisms
>>
The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the Force
>>
>>9144109
>slavery
uh no, it was like a mutual agreement

Mitochondria evolved from a bacteria cell that took refuge inside a Eukaryotic cell.

They formed a symbiotic relationship where the Eukaryote provided the bacteria with glucose and shelter, and in return the bacteria gave it ATP

Also mitochondria has its own DNA, separate from the nucleus dna.
>>
Chloroplasts too
>>
File: mitochondria vs Chloroplast.jpg (154KB, 1600x823px) Image search: [Google]
mitochondria vs Chloroplast.jpg
154KB, 1600x823px
>>9144325
I wonder what other energy producing organelles existed that have gone extinct.
Or what variates can be synthetically made?
>>
>>9144109
END EUKARYOTIC OPPRESSION OF MITOCHONDRIA NOW
>>
>>9144076

https://www.scribd.com/document/354932509/Mitochondria-Structure-Function-and-Clinical-Relevance

haha we did it reddit xD
>>
>>9144377
Those are the only organelles that were originally seperate organisms if that's what you mean. Both of them have their own DNA but most of it has migrated to the nucleus.
>>
>>9144109
>Are mitochondria more alive than a virus is?
No. They do not propagate themselves.
>>
>>9145985
>They do not propagate themselves
>>
>>9145985
but dey do doe
>>
>>9144076
The mitochondria is the
the PoWeRhOuSe O fF tthe
C
E
L
L
>>
>>9144076
>puts up a picture of a mitochondria
>thinks it is a midichlorian
either you have completely forgot what you learned in biology or you are yet to take it
>>
>>9144076
so why haven't we just assimilated all of their dna, those niggers have been on glucose benefits for billions of years now
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.