[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are a finite amount of 'things' in the universe,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1491331108537.jpg (28KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
1491331108537.jpg
28KB, 400x301px
There are a finite amount of 'things' in the universe, from which everything else is built right?
Call them whatever you want, quarks, atoms, it doesn't matter.

Would this mean that, suppose you had access to some sci-fi mumbo jumbo and were able to travel back in time, that when you appear, the universe will have more 'things' inside it that it is supposed to have.

I guess what I might be asking is; if the number of atoms inside the universe is a finite, discrete number and then you some how suddenly added to that number, what would happen?

Would the universe be overcapacity?
Would it just expand to fit as normal?
>>
Even if the universe did have a maximum capacity at any given time, a single human would do very little.
>>
>>9142803
Consider the time you've left: you subtracted a discrete number of things from the universe at that point, so it all works out on balance.
>>
>>9142823
But between the point back in time he traveled to and now, he created energy from nothing and added it into the system. He could have also decreased the amount of entropy in the universe, even if it's a small amount, it still decreased. How can that ever work?
>>
>>9142844
>he created energy from nothing and added it into the system.
this is pretty much the idea that i wanted to convey. What happens when the system has more energy than it should?
>>
>>9142803
time isn't real
>>
>>9142803
The universe has a lot more empty space than it has things.
>>
>>9143164
>>9142803
Why do you ask retarded questions that can't be answered reasonably? "A thread died for this"
>>
>>9142844
Imagine you have a platter, and on the platter are some cups filled with skittles. The platter is the universe, and the cups are instances of time in the universe. Each cup has the exact same number of skittles, and all the skittles in one cup are the same across all cups. Now you take a skittle from one cup and move it to another. Locally, that instance of time has more stuff now, but the universe as a whole hasn't increased in the number of stuff any. It has just shuffled the stuff it has around a bit.
>>
>>9145545
Explain it with twinkies plox
>>
>>9145549
Van full of boxes of twinkies, move a twinkie from one box to another. Van still has same number of twinkies in it
>>
>>9142803
The Universe will never have more or less "things" inside it than it did right after the Big Bang. The Universe is more-or-less structurally the same in all directions. The leading theory is that it is also infinite in scope. If you were to go back in time to see the beginning of the Universe, you would find that it was still infinite; however, it would be *denser* in the sense that all objects would be extremely close to each other. You would see exactly the same infinite amount of matter that we have now, but it would be a lot more visible because of how close it would be to you.
>>
>>9145726
What if universe is filled with gigantic eldritch monsters that feed on each other and we are just i small pocket of abnormal universe that seems rational?
>>
>>9145729
Well, we aren't 100% sure of what lies beyond the visible universe. So, yeah, why not.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.