[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How close are we to reaching Type I exactly? Do we need to dig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: civtypes.png (37KB, 888x475px) Image search: [Google]
civtypes.png
37KB, 888x475px
How close are we to reaching Type I exactly?
Do we need to dig through the Earth's mantle/core and harness its geothermal energy to qualify?
>>
> can control weather

Good luck with that.
>>
>>9142205
Depends on what's left after WWIII. jk
Last time I checked we were a type 0.72 or something (which is still a long way to go since its a logarithmic scale)
>>
>>9142205
>master of the planet
>can fully harvest planets energy
>can control weather
Sounds like ecological systems before humans fucked it all up
I'd say we are .3 and dropping on this ridiculous pop sci scale
>>
File: IMG_0285.jpg (48KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0285.jpg
48KB, 340x270px
>>9142217
>type 0.72
>logarithmic scale
are you okay?
>>
>>9142226
No, I was having a heart attack while typing.
>>
>>9142205
>a 3-tier classification system for anything at all
the only reason there isn't something better is because we haven't got any other civilizations to fucking classify
>>
File: spinny.gif (316KB, 241x200px) Image search: [Google]
spinny.gif
316KB, 241x200px
>>9142205
Yes and no, While it does say to use all the energy of a world, it focuses more on usable energy available to a civilization, so we could easily hit k1 by having solar arrays in space, despite those being off world
>>
>Humans develop Stargates
>We can reliably position the exit of the wormholes and explore the universe
>No need to waste a bunch of time harnessing energy from a rock and dicking around with clouds

Maybe we don't see dyson swarms and Type Autism civilizations because inventing one cool thing makes all of that gay and too much work
>>
>>9142205
Whats with the huge leap from type II to type III?

There should be an inbetween so type I.I is controlling other planets and type II.I is controlling other solar systems.
>>
>>9142205
N E V E R E V E R
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R
>>
>>9142373
The whole concept is full retard my dude

If we master cold fusion we won't even need to fuck around mining the sun, I'd imagine there is a reason no civs have full blown megastructures like dyson spheres. Imagine powering FTL travel with a grain of sand, imagine sticking your penis into the second law of thermodynamics and making love to it
>>
>>9142394
Free or ridiculously cheap energy wouldn't change much imo

You still need to make everything else from actual materials which aren't free and whose costs only partially depend on energy that goes into them
>>
>>9142375

LAND
>>
>>9142367
none of that causes dyson swarms to be unnecessary
even if you can travel the galaxy, people will still want to live somewhere, they'd probably just want to bolt the FTL drive to their habitat
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.