[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music -related_memory#Effects_

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: music and memory.png (59KB, 1146x412px) Image search: [Google]
music and memory.png
59KB, 1146x412px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music-related_memory#Effects_on_non-musical_memory

I was wondering if someone here could answer a couple questions I have about this subject.

Are there any examples of other animals (non-humans) using music to improve their memories? And if this phenomenon is exclusive to humans, would it have been a major factor in human progress?
>>
>>9141151
This thread is too serious and not fun science to be on the front page.
We are a "I fucking love science" fan board now
>>
>>9142369
are you saying I should post this on reddit instead?
>>
If it does happen it would happen in animals that are always around humans (pets). It's been shown that domesticated animals are much more intelligent than wild animals and I think it's because of their interaction with people.
>>
>>9143015
If you want to get even less answers, yes,
>>
>>9143019
Literally what? You are really being really broad on that statement or really dumb.
Maybe it's because they have to exercise their thinking instead of their instincts to be more appreciated by the men who owned them and therefore get to fuck more than other dogs.
>>
>>9143019
How would one study this? Get a bunch of pets and make them memorized stuff with and without listening to music?
>>
>>9143027
This thread was dead a second ago bro
>>
>>9143023
Less than zero is negative, how can I get negatives answers?
>>
>>9143034
You got one "actual" answer in >>9143019 .
Also, I just noticed that only 4 retards(me included) got this thread to 11 replies. 12 now.
>>
>>9143029
Yeah I geuss so. We should also include undomesticated animals to see how well they do. There should long term and short term tests. But how do we use music to improve their memory?
>>
>>9143042
Ask animals to complete tasks that require memory, i.e., pressing a correctly coloured button. Have them perform the tasks while a song is playing, and when a song isn't playing. Then have them perform the task much later, with and without music playing. If they perform better when there's the same song playing, then it does improve their memory.
>>
>>9143050
I feel like that's not rigorous enough but I don't know how to improve it.
GG
>>
>>9143065
GG
>>
>>9141151
What about whalesong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKEmj7W_b1c
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.