[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ask for a citation >get one >immediately dismiss the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3537.jpg (29KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3537.jpg
29KB, 470x313px
>ask for a citation
>get one
>immediately dismiss the paper without even reading the abstract because the reference numbers are low
>>
File: Devilish_51fb98_6238404.jpg (48KB, 396x482px) Image search: [Google]
Devilish_51fb98_6238404.jpg
48KB, 396x482px
>ask for a citation
>get one
>immediately dismissed the paper because of the sample size
>I've never even taken a stats class
>>
File: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (78KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg
78KB, 470x595px
>ask for a citation
>get one
>dismiss the paper without reading it because it was published in a journal I don't like
>>
>>9139787
How few papers would I have to write under different aliases to create an ample sized web of citations between them to make all the papers seem legit?
>>
File: 02f.jpg (36KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
36KB, 655x527px
>ask for a citation
>get one
>dismiss the paper for its testing methodology
>I don't know anything about testing methodology
>>
>>9139790
This is a pretty valid concern. P values of 0.05 are not enough for many fields.
>>
>paper has low cite count
>people dismiss it because of this
>paper is trapped in a cycle of people thinking it's shit because of cite count alone so they don't even bother to read it and it never gets off the ground

Am I the only one who sees the autism in this cycle? This publish or perish mindset pushed by (them) has lead to a complete commoditization and monetization of a process that was supposed to create new knowledge

no wonder no new novel drugs have been invented since the 80s and all we get anymore are boner pills

>young brain comes up with novel new class of antibiotics
>never gets developed because autismos in the industry dismiss the paper for a variety of meme reasons including citation count or "if it's not in nature it's shit"

What ever happened to using your brain and common sense and actually reading the papers instead of dismissing everything for strict almost arbitrary reasons?

Sure you can dismiss some papers that are clearly some chink fodder for a homeopathy degree but I wonder how many new discoveries or breakthroughs never see the light of day because of this autism that's infected the scientific community since about the early to late 90s. It reminds me of that part in the new testament where jesus gets pissed at the Jews for caring too much about cup washing rituals and useless autism and not about the underlying spirit or principle of anything other than rote bullshit
>>
>>9139803
Welcome to the reason my pharmacology professor said "if penicillin was invented today it would have never been developed"
>>
>>9139803
>jesus gets pissed at the Jews for caring too much about cup washing rituals
Kek

God or not, he sure did like trolling...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.