[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time dilalation conceptual question. An person in a space ship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: mg20727671.800-1_500.jpg (79KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mg20727671.800-1_500.jpg
79KB, 500x375px
Time dilalation conceptual question.

An person in a space ship orbiting a black hole ages much slower than a person on earth. Imagine they are in a glass spaceship and you are on earth with an impossibly powerful telescope watching them. Would they look like they were moving in slow motion to you? Since from their perspective, the time it takes them to scratch their butt could be several earth years.
>>
>>9136676
Yes, they'd move in slow motion to the observer.
>>
>>9136676
The person in the ship and the person on earth age the same. Both see each other age slower
>>
>>9136705
No. Watch Interstellar. The dude's daughter is an old woman when he returns.
>>
>>9136718
Yep, because he returns to the solar system. If it was the other way around, hed be old.

But when he on the water planet, he only ages 2 hours. So the claim that you age slower on a black hole orbit is wrong. You only age slower relative to other things not orbiting a bhole
>>
>>9136676
To the person near the black hole, time is normal. To the observer on earth, the person near the black hole is frozen/in very slow motion.
>>9136788
I'll orbit your bhole ;)
>>
I figured out a way to receive information from the future using quantum entanglement and a black hole.
>>
>>9137301
Can you demonstrate it?
>>
>>9137321
No. I have to patent it first.
>>
>>9137301
>>9137321
>>9137333
It's a very elementary idea everyone already thought of before. Get two entangled particles, have one of them travel near a blackhole, and the other stays here on Earth. If you measure the particle on Earth, the particle of the blackhole will respond. And vice versa. Tada. Time travel.
>>
>>9137838
how is that time travel?
>>
>>9137921
Instantaneous transfer of information regardless of the degree of time dilation occurring near the black hole.

How about this question: would quantum locked particles still work if one particle was inside the event horizon and the other outside?
>>
>>9138096
Meant to say quantum entangled particles.
>>
>>9138096
But it's not instantaneous transfer of -information.-

The measurement outcome is random. The person on Earth cannot decide which state to collapse the particle into, and therefore cannot transmit information to the person near the Blackhole by acting on the particle. Causality is preserved. There's no time travel.
>>
>>9138117
Information in this aspect is not the transfer of words or numbers or bits. When I say information I mean the observable change of matter. No matter what the quantum particle collapses into its still observable information.
>>
>>9138124
No, because the other guy has no way of knowing the difference. Blackhole guy cannot tell the difference between what Earth guy did and a random measurement (or whether Earth guy did anything at all).
>>
>>9138125
I guess that makes sense.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.