[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any brainlets on /sci/ who were bad at math/stats and turned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1488713507256.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1488713507256.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
Any brainlets on /sci/ who were bad at math/stats and turned it around? How did you do it? I seem to study forever, but when I get to answering a question, I just completely go blank.
>>
There're various ways to increase intelligence. Image streaming aids in improving one's ability to synthesize information via strengthening the integration of various neurological spaces when thinking, which can bleed into analysis. Geniusintelligence.com also has a practice which boosts mathematical reasoning. It involves combining symbols and numbers in part of a mathematical addition sequence, but conditions the brain to think in terms of symbols = numbers, via representing numeracy in different formats. It's EXTREMELY effective at increasing computational speed, but like I said, facilitates the symbolically based computations of higher mathematics too
>>
It is worse to be lazy asshole than a hardworking brainlet.
>>
>>9136095
>I seem to study forever, but when I get to answering a question, I just completely go blank.
Supposing you really do study sufficiently, you just need to train yourself to stop and think. Every time you are presented with a problem, analyze the problem. Identify exactly what it is you are looking at before even putting pencil to paper. Closely examine every piece of information you are given until you understand exactly what is being asked. Even if you don't know the math, doing this can sometimes make it possible to come to a purely logical conclusion without any calculations even being necessary. Make an effort to understand the logic, rather than mindlessly plugging and chugging.
>>
File: AMindForNumbers.jpg (32KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
AMindForNumbers.jpg
32KB, 333x499px
>>9136095
Read Barbara Oakley's book:
A Mind for Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra)
There's research into effective ways to study and retain information.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.