[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once scientific advancements have eliminated the need for sleep,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: think.gif (37KB, 388x394px) Image search: [Google]
think.gif
37KB, 388x394px
Once scientific advancements have eliminated the need for sleep, will the average man be expected to work 20+ hours per day?

At what point do we say "NO" to scientific research to preserve a dignified way of life?
>>
>>9135361
You can't stop scientific progress. If we don't do it, someone else will, and then the communists win.
>>
>>9135380
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9135396
He doesn't realize the communists already won, or what he's fighting against
>>
See the capitalists struggle as their products become less and less material

Here lies the battlefield
>>
>>9135361
>Once scientific advancements have eliminated the need for sleep
No they will increase it as it is that good
>>
>>9135361
>will the average man be expected to work 20+ hours per day?
Where are you going to get the work for that? Be even more inefficient, pointless and lazy? 70% of jobs are useless shit that could easily be automated. No, the future holds universal basic income and less working hours. At least for developed countries.
>>
>>9135554
this guy gets it

>t. an accountant who fucks around on my phone for 2-5 hours per day, depending on the time of month.
>>
You are retarded. Scientific advancement only makes human life have more dignity. Every technological innovation has always been about having machines do more work for us so we don't have to put effort into things. For example, carrying wheat on a bowl is easier than carrying wheat with your arms. Carrying the wheat in the bowl with a wheel cart is easier than carrying the wheat in a bowl on your back. Even easier than that is have a donkey ride the wheel cart for you. And do you know what would be easier than riding a donkey? Riding a combustion engine powered vehicle, an automobile so to speak.
>>
>>9135554
To be fair Keynes predicted lower working hours in our times and we're still waiting for them. This isn't a given.
>>
>>9135361
>what are dreams
have fun being a mindless drone

albert einstein slept 10 hours a night and took naps
>>
>>9135361
>Once scientific advancements have eliminated the need for sleep
this is impossible
>>
More likely they'll reprogram our brains from birth to be perpetual slaves to AI.
>>
>>9135396
He meant that science is the way of the world, to deny scientific fact is to bend over to those who accept it.
>>
File: 1501607225685.png (63KB, 1000x1000px)
1501607225685.png
63KB, 1000x1000px
Probably. If that were to happen. Man what if sleep became illegal.

That's messed up.
>>
>>9135361
>have 8 more hours/day
>expected to work 12 more hours/day
Are you dumb or something? Your entire premise is false. Even if you were expected to work 6 more hours, you would still also have 2 more hours of free time, and I would take 2 more hours of free time in a better economy due to increased productivity over the current shit. For things like physical work, it's impossible to extend working hours by much anyway, due to physical fatigue, but those jobs will most likely be replaced by robots anyway.

>>9135863
There are people who require 4 hours of sleep because of their genetics, so I wouldn't be surprised if they could make humans able to function perfectly only on 1-2 hours, which is practically the same as needing no sleep.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.