[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >people still study physics and maths instead of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>2017
>people still study physics and maths instead of economics and finance
>>
>>9134927
Oh no a retard
>>
>>9134927
Economics and finance are trivial. If you can do physics and math you can do the other, easily.
>>
>>9134937
Of course they aren't trivial. Economics and finance are extremely important.

But they are only important for those who have the capital. For any normal self-interested person wanting to maximize their chances of happiness is getting a university degree, getting a mortgage, working 40 hours a week with a regular paycheck, and putting money in the bank. Is all they need to know about finance+economics.

Very tiny population group can do the finance stuff and take ALL the risks and difficult work (and most of the rewards too). Meanwhile I'm planning on living in the future in my suburb house with my wife, 3 kids, a dog, wine, traveling, TV, sports, and all that normal stuff.
>>
>>9134927
will be studying chemistry and economics, will i have a future?
>>
>>9134927

Today, i've found the quintessence of beign a worthless faggot.

Nice job, retard.
>>
>>9134927
what are you doing outside of the oven, kike?
>>
File: Henry_Bessemer_1890s2.jpg (355KB, 655x873px) Image search: [Google]
Henry_Bessemer_1890s2.jpg
355KB, 655x873px
>>9134927
>1870 to 1890
>period of biggest economic growth ever in the USA
>Root cause: steel manufacture went from 380,000 tons to 50,000,000 tons annually
>This drove an explosion in coal mining, steam power, textile mills, machinery, railways, and shipbuilding.
>Key elements include the easy availability of iron ore, coal, and manpower
>The most important factor, was of course, the development of mass steel manufacture technology
>Bessemer process

Economics and finance do nothing. Extraneous fields that are zero-sum contributions progress. Economic prosperity is derived from physical conditions and technological breakthroughs.
>>
>>9134927

I did 2 years of Ec & Fi before switching to Mech Eng.

What a load of shit Ec and Fi is.

Boring, subjective and trivial content.

At best you'll be managing hedge funds for boomers.

Engineering is brilliant, you see the world differently and have a massive appreciation for the built environment.

Traders and investors are greedy moneywhores who will throw society under the bus to generate money for themselves, they also have inferiority complexes because they know deep down they have no talents or contribution to society.

The engineer is revered and respected in every society, and will always have a job.
>>
>>9134958
Wrong. Good finance gives maybe +20% increase to all activity. Consider money as an information.

You would never do any meaningful contribution to the society if there weren't people who offered you 10$/hour to flip burgers in a restaurant THEY own, with recipes THEY own, serving THEIR customers while you invest 0$ and take no risks at all. When they wave the 10$/hour -contract in front of your nose, your primitive monkey brain awakens from coma and soon you are flipping burgers instead of masturbating and shitposting online.
>>
>>9134958
The availability of steel quickly provided the backbone for the combustion engine, the tractor, and the automobile.

The invention and adoption of electricity pushed material science further and led to the mass production of Aluminum. The combustion engine + Aluminum paved the way for the airplane.

And so on and so on. Economic prosperity all comes back from developments in science.
>>
>>9134965

>I have never heard about taxes
>>
>>9134944
>Of course they aren't trivial.
Yes they are. They're incredibly trivial subjects. The fact you think otherwise just proves how much of a brainlet you are.
>>
>>9134985
Nope. They are very important. You are the brainlet here when you hold such improbable and arrogant opinions. Your arguments are just feelings because most likely you are poor young male.
>>
>>9134992
>Nope. They are very important.
Wait, do you think trivial means unimportant? Brainlet confirmed lmao.
>>
>>9134993
>arguing about words

>trivial
>of little value or importance

Let me argue the importance of economics down for you.

The house you live in was not built by you or your family, and it was built by debt.

The education you had. You didn't pay for it. You didn't choose what to study. The plan and information was laid in front of you by economists and their complex plans to make you more productive citizen.

The roads you drive with your car. You didn't construct them or pay for them. Those roads were given to you by economists who mobilized force to built them in the interest of the society.

The paycheck you receive. You didn't fight for your salary or other compensation. It was given to you by economists.

Just tip of the iceberg really.
>>
>>9134927
Economics and finance is fucking boring.
>>
>>9134995
now that's just bullshit
and i study economy too,
the only thing that economists actually do is regulating currency, and making sure (supposedly) that we don't get fucked by another crisis
>>
>>9135152
Just kys rn my dood
>>
How does economics actually square up against hard sciences employment-wise? People working in the field can be well-paid, but that doesn't matter if your chances of finding a job in the field are low.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.