[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we assume that the feeling of being you is just a configuration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: a.jpg (39KB, 480x360px)
a.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
If we assume that the feeling of being you is just a configuration of the brain and there are countless universes with life in it.
Does that mean some kind of "rebirth" is inevitable?
>>
>>9134787
There is only one universe. Also no. Nothing happens to us after we die.
>>
Why don't the mods ban these threads? This doesn't belong here, go to >>>/x/
>>
>>9134787
If we assume this is actually happening, then we can assume it could happen again.

There is no reason to think you would remember a previous life though, and the minds ability to create/distort memories makes truth irrelevant, you could never know.
>>
>>9134787
Assuming that the feeling of being is merely a configuration of the living brain with no other way to communicate than through consciousness itself, then rebirth as a continuation of a previous life is impossible.
Also with said assumption the existence of other universes is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>9134824
How is this /x/ tier? I'm talking about
1. configuration of a matter
2. many-world interpretations theory is true or many parallel universes exist
3. mathematical probability that a brain exactly like yours exist out there
>>
>>9134825
>>9134839
No. I'm not talking about continuation just feeling. What I meant was """""""""""""rebirth"""""""" I mean just the feeling continues after your die.
>>
>>9134820
Once cyclical universe (through whatever method that might be), or an infinite multiverse. It's mathematically impossibly unlikely that only one single universe would spawn, and that single one would harbor the specific laws of physics and the specific amount of energy, matter and anti-matter to create the possibility for life.

But none of that really matters.

>>9134787
As it's incredibly likely that whatever process created this universe will come about again ad infinitum, which means that all of us exactly as we are have existed before, and will exist again. Of course the before and after here don't really mean anything as this process would be beyond time as we know it. But there's no reason to expect you to somehow have your memories from another life with you. We know of no process that would support it. The "you", that you are, will quite likely die just like the rest of us. A permanent death.
>>
>>9134886
>Many-worlds

I'm so sick of this terrible interpretation of QM. If the universe "splits" due to the wavefunction not collapsing, they aren't going to veer into non-deterministic timelines that give causality the finger. There's not going to be a timeline where 9/11 never happened, Hitler was never born or where you're happy.
>>
>>9134787
>If we assume that the feeling of being you
Whose feeling of being me(Or whoever 'you' refers to)?
Yours, someone elses or mine?

>is just a configuration of the brain
Configuration of which parts of the brain specifically?

>and there are countless universes
What do you specifically mean by universe?
Common definition of universe is "All that there is." which is inconsistent with mentioning a number of different universes when theres just one by such definition.

>with life in it.
What do you specifically mean by life?
Would your definition of life include viruses as being a life form?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.