[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /sci/. I need help because I'm writing some sci-fi shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Hi, /sci/. I need help because I'm writing some sci-fi shit and I have to explain how a particular exotic material works as realistically as I can because I'm too autistic to just say "dude science lmao".
The idea is a treated gelatin or rubber that absorbs a reletively significant force applied to it and redirects and/or converts it however necessary to say power weapons and armor, charge batteries, break somebody's hand twice as hard if they punch you, etc. without suffering the consequences of impact.
The material itself absorbs a little bit of net-force, but it's obviously pretty OP so that's often negligible and pretty much renders attacking with physical force pointless unless you apply enough at once to overwhelm and destroy it.
I know just fine that this breaks plenty of natural laws, but what I'm asking for are what laws this wouldn't break so I can minimize the horseshit I have to lie about. It'd also be nice if anyone has a better idea of the same concept, but feel free to shit on it too if it could help me fix it.
>>
>>9134784
>>9134784
The material is made of an electrostatic resin that absorbs impacts and turns it into potential energy. This energy is slowly released as current as the suit used quantumn fluctuations between atoms to power nanomachines. The fibres act as a whole to spread as much of the energy out and redeliver an impact as force.
>>
>>9134784
yeah there are spiral nanoparticles reeled up inside the material
and when you punch it, they unfold, and hit back
but they unfold not only to the outside, but also partially in the inside, but this is absorbed and converted into usable energy
>>
>>9134784
How bout a non-newtonian liquid crystal? It would harden under pressure and generate electricity with the piezoelectric effect.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.