[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we're looking for a unified theory of physics to unite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1491747110225.png (595KB, 976x3270px) Image search: [Google]
1491747110225.png
595KB, 976x3270px
So we're looking for a unified theory of physics to unite Newtonian and quantum mechanics, correct?

How many characters is the formulation of this theory going to be? Why can't we brute force it computationally?
>>
Maybe, but that is only the approach. It might be that it's a stupid idea.
There's a lot of physicists so it's going to be a big cast.
e^2
>>
>>9131378
>Newtonian and quantum mechanics
>newtonian
No, not really. Newtonian physics is pretty much accepted to be useful but in a limited sense. It would never be apart of a complete physical theory.
>>
>>9131378
>to unite general relativity and quantum field theory

FTFY
>>
>>9131378
don't you mean quantum mechanics and special relativity
>>
>>9131378
Newtonian physics has already been superceded by GR
>>
>>9131391
I meant general
>>
File: 1496700194520.gif (689KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1496700194520.gif
689KB, 270x270px
>>9131388
>>9131389
>>9131391
>>9131393
OK whatever, big and small
>>
>unifying gravity with qft
personally i don't think it can be done. my guess is gravity is not a force removed from the rest but more of an approximation to long range effects of the fundamental fields.
>>
>>9131451
>approximation to long range effects of the fundamental fields.
Then the unification would simply involve a proof that the emergent behavior of the lower level theories at the asymptotes (sufficiently large scale) converges on the higher level "approximation" theory and the approximation theory would go away. That's the point
>>
>>9131501
oh. i thought mostly people were trying to look for gravitons n shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.