[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know of a chemical reaction with clay particles that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1024px--_Brickwall_01_-.jpg (225KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1024px--_Brickwall_01_-.jpg
225KB, 1024x683px
Does anyone know of a chemical reaction with clay particles that will turn clay into a hard rock-like substance, like concrete? I'm not looking for additions of other forms of cement like lime or portland TO clay. I'm looking for something that can TURN clay into cement.
>>
Just b urself
>>
What are you trying to do?
The only way I can think of to do a clay cement would be to bake your entire wall by buidling a kiln around it after laying the bricks with clay instead of mortar.
>>
>turn clay into a hard rock-like substance
You mean like... firing clay?
>>
>>9130603
>What are you trying to do?
Use a majority clay mixture as a mortar WITHOUT just resorting to making it a commonly used mortar (lime, portland) with clay thrown in. I want an independent process entirely.

>The only way I can think of to do a clay cement would be to bake
Thought about that. There are molten stone walls from the british isles that were created this way. But it does seem impractical for a building.

>>9130609
If there's some sort of chemical process that can heat the mortar to firing temperature, maybe? That may be dangerous to any wood in a construction though.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.