[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first proof, /sci/? Does it still hold meaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What was your first proof, /sci/? Does it still hold meaning to you after all these years?
>>
>>9130269
Never had to do one, graduated BS Mech Engineering 3 years ago,
Earn $275,000 a year and fuck math nerds girlfriends everyday
>>
Using parallelism transitivity to show lines are parallel.
>>
>the virgin lemma vs the Chad theorem
>>
>>9130269
I don't remember what it was but looking back I remembered that the first real math book I read was a geometry book. Pic related (problem 29) is maybe the first proof based problem in the text so maybe that was my first proof.

I don't think it was too meaningful. I barely remember those days.
>>
File: IMG_5882.jpg (21KB, 637x137px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5882.jpg
21KB, 637x137px
>>9130309
Kek forgot pic.
>>
>>9130269
Back in elementary school, that DNF is NP-hard because the lecturer of our math club was a CS faggot that couldn't into anal or topo so we had to do boring CS faggotry instead.
>>
Convergent sequences are cauchy.
>>
>>9130269
I'm doing my first class on proofs this term. I'm also doing linear algebra. I've made it as far what I think would considered calc II.
I'm in a brainlet major so these are just electives for me.
I can't wait.
>>
>>9130269
those dumb proofs you had to do in geometry back in high school
past that i proved some dumb property of some system of functions so i could solve a homework problem in freshman physics
>>
>>9130269
Kepler equations. I liked it because I had no idea what the fuck I was doing until I arrived at the result. And then I was like "oh, so that's how it is huh".
>>
File: inverse_binomial.png (9KB, 193x288px) Image search: [Google]
inverse_binomial.png
9KB, 193x288px
>>9130269
first one i can remember that wasn't some shit about triangles required by a textbook was proving that [math]\lim_{h\to 0} \frac{x^h - 1}{h}[/math] was a logarithm

remember it being handwaved when we were doing derivatives of [math]a^x[/math], figuring it out at home and then learning latex just to save it

can't seem to find it rn in my folders, did dig pic related up tho
>>
>>9130269
Proofs to the Basel Problem have always been enjoyable to me. I mean, it doesn't have much use but it's fun to see how there have been so many different ways to prove the series over the years.
>>
First real proof,of my own, was that the corrector of the homogenization of quasiperiodic elliptic equation has kinda the same property than in the probabilistic (assuming some hyptohesis of a spectral gap on the distribution) case. I was kinda proud.
My tutor added my work to his paper. I was happy.
>>
>>9130269
I don't remember the first proof I did, but I definitely remember my introduction to proofs (read Euclid's elements in grade 9). It was quite beautiful desu, can't thank myself for picking up that book enough
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.