[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evolution can be proved theoretically, just like math. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tree-of-life_2000.jpg (483KB, 2000x771px) Image search: [Google]
tree-of-life_2000.jpg
483KB, 2000x771px
Evolution can be proved theoretically, just like math.

It's very weird. You do NOT need to make a single observation of nature to prove that the evolution is true. None. It can be purely and rigorously proven with just language and logic, NO empiricism is needed.

How does that insight make you feel?
>>
In addition, it can also be proven theoretically that evolution would happen to ANY kind of living system. So it doesn't matter if aliens are made of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. They can be made of metal and live in 800 K and still experience evolution. No organism in any kind of environment can escape evolution.

And I needed zero (0) empirical evidence to ascertain the truthhood of that theorem.
>>
>>9129670
>How does that insight make you feel?
Really good because that proves biology is a subset of math and therefore I am smarter than anyone that is not a mathematician.

Feels good man.
>>
evolution isn't just the tautology that what survives survives
it's the theory that selection and mutation can explain the genesis of all living organisms from a common ancestor over millions of years. if what survives survives, why isn't there just a single life form? why is there such differentiation among creatures? or why so little? where did this and that organ come from and why?
the "proof" of the theory is its ability to explain all of these phenomena supported by evidence.
what survives survives, but how do we know all life wasn't placed here in pre-differentiated forms by a martian zookeeper? because of the positive claims supported by contingent evidence that the theory makes beyond simply what survives survives.
there. I just improved your thinking in one short post. you're welcome.
>>
>>9129679
It's pretty simple really. If no system in the universe has freedom of choice, there must be an universal choice-maker, namely mathematics, and all that exists has to obey it.

For example. Until economists can prove humans have freedom of choice, economy is just mathematics. Until chemists can prove humans have freedom of choice, love and fear are just an subset of an electromagnetic field trying to find the lowest potential.
>>
>>9129688
It's right in the title of Darwin's book: On the Origin of Species.
>>
>>9129670
>>9129674
Formal proofs of evolution do require some axioms. While they may be rather natural, you do need to confirm them by empirical observations to validate your model.

Also, the formal proofs that I know of are very vague and do not compose the theory of evolution alone. A theory has to explain natural phenomena with some accuracy, and as it stands the theory of evolution is rather poor at predicting the evolution of species.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.