[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any physicists looking for evidence of compression artifacts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1492826301373.gif (298KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1492826301373.gif
298KB, 350x350px
Are any physicists looking for evidence of compression artifacts and or rounding errors in the physical nature of the universe? Is this a thing?
>>
>>9127749
yeah everytime you measure a wavefunction it rounds to the nearest eigenstate whoops
>>
>>9127753
When you see a dream, you make it a meme.
>>
>compression artifacts
the fact that all physical constants are some shit number that has nothing to do with mathematical constants
the fact that mathematical constants are also some shit real nothing to do with natural numbers
the fact that the speed of light is some shit number
the fact that the number of dimensions is some shit number
the list goes on and gone this is definitely the jpeg universe
>>
>>9127786
I just thought of this minutes ago and forgot to post it in the thread

Why don't we declare the speed of light, Planck's constant, etc. to be our fundamental base units of measure, and base everything else around that?

You say the constants are all weird as fuck random numbers but that's because we define them in terms of some retarded ancient systems of measurement. Maybe it would work out better using the physical constants as base units which can be scaled by the number system's order of magnitude
>>
>>9127794
Also the fundamental constants may not be underlying -determiners- but instead may be -determined- and just statistical trends, created by underlying complex processes.
>>
>>9127794
only if there was only a single physical constant. which would mean there was no physical constant since we could set it to one. unfortunately there are many and they obviously aren't ratios of one another, so the shittiness will come back
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.