[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The more intelligent a civilization becomes, the more nihilistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: monkey.jpg (140KB, 634x876px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
140KB, 634x876px
The more intelligent a civilization becomes, the more nihilistic and individualistic they become. They realize that they only exist for a short period of time, and that they're best off forgetting ideologies such as transhumanism, extropianism, and immortalism, and instead living lives of hedonism that focus on self-indulgence.

As intelligence goes up, so does the level of nihilism. This is why aliens have yet to visit us. To have the technology to visit us, they must have the intelligence. If they have the intelligence, they would simply be too nihilistic to visit us.
>>
I feel that way too OP. I used to subscribe to a transhumanist world view and thought that everything would keep progressing but I realized my own mortality and figured I won't live for a super long time.
>>
>>9127635
Wrong. If they were truly intelligent, they'd embrace individuality as an illusion accept that we are all of one being
>>
Rotten like the sheep flesh being stewed,
Disgusting as maggots eating thy flesh,
Ugly like the cancer in my heart,

Why such creature exists in this Earth?

The reminder of the sin you committed,
The hate you have shown upon me,
I am the "thing" you hold depraved and
unwanted.

Grown and nurtured into a pot of wrath,
I spread my dung into the harvest of others souls.

My presence is the plague, my vibes collect your happiness
and mold them into bitterness milk.
I am the reason your life is an unforgiving corruption.

For the hell you have build upon me, I shall kill you.

Rotten like the sheep flesh being stewed,
Disgusting as maggots eating thy flesh,
Ugly like the cancer in my heart,

You are the flesh being stewed,
You are the flesh maggots adore,
You are the cancer in my heart.
>>
Sometimes I think that they won't visit us because of ethics. Yes, ethics. I was watching some documentaries on nature. There were shots of very cute baby seal clubs, with white fur, they were just so cute, but they were being mawed by bears or whatever predator, I don't remember. One of them escaped the grips of its predator, and started crawling through the white snow, leaving behind a trail of blood and intestines. The narrator said one might think the researchers should help the seal, but it would be ethically wrong to intervene in nature. What was witnessed is something natural and it would be wrong to intervene, it could break some kind of evolutionary balance and all that. I think aliens might see us the same way. It's a small possibility and I'm probably wrong, sure, but maybe there are civilizations out there watching us from their telescopes and not intervening because it's just wrong. Maybe if God exists, He lets all the evil in the world continue to exist because He doesn't want to intervene either.
>>
>>9127731
A human helping the animal would've been equally natural. Don't allow yourself to believe that anything we do as humans is unnatural. Just because our capabilities exceed those of other creatures, doesn't mean we need to allow our egoes to swell to the point where we have to tell ourselves that we're too good to consider ourselves and our effects on our planet to be of nature's intent.
>>
>>9127699
What? Retard.
>>
Just look at Asians, specifically the Chinese.They are the smartest humans on Earth and yet they don't give a fuck about anything besides themselves. It's quite clear that the higher you go on the intelligence scale, the more of a nihilist you become.
>>
IQ closer to 200 than 100 here. Won't say exactly what it is, as that would be immodest.

OP has a point. Having a ball-tearing IQ does give you a clear picture of the absurdity and pointlessness of life, and renders you immune to falling for the isms which are so appealing to the frightened, the stupid, the uneducated and the egomaniacal.

So what is left? The pursuit of pleasure.
>>
>>9128126
>So what is left? The pursuit of pleasure.
yeah well, the problem is what the best way to pursue it is, and what is true pleasure

besides, no amount of IQ makes you non-human and humans tend to want to live and survive in some way - eat, drink water
those seem basic things to you but the reason civilization started was because people decided to survive by having crops, so the ball got rolling from there until not very long ago people started using scripts in egypt and sumeria and here we are now and the ball is still rolling
>>
>>9127635
Wrong.
The highest form of nihilism realises that even hedonism is pointless and instead resolves to find God like pursuits such as writing math and creating code.
True freedom lies in the pen and the paper. Except the pen of God is writing life itself. Behold, where math becomes language.

- Random CRISPr using scientist 2017
>>
>>9128171
Which god?
>>
>>9127699
This
>>
>>9127785
Well at least we know this one isn't intelligent
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.