[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we'll never form a bond with another intelligent race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: aliens-exist.jpg (59KB, 634x410px) Image search: [Google]
aliens-exist.jpg
59KB, 634x410px
>we'll never form a bond with another intelligent race in the cosmos trading theorems in science and math

why even calculate?
>>
We're too dumb to understand the proof to the Xzshlygrok' Braxlyko-Shxl034 theorem anyway.
>>
>>9124782
this is what happens when you don't go to ayylmarvard, DNAlet
>>
>>9124783
>ayylmarvard
>not LMAOT
Fucking civilizationlet.
>>
File: 1497120701681.png (204KB, 700x674px) Image search: [Google]
1497120701681.png
204KB, 700x674px
>>9124778

Math is a language of the Universe but it's useless without application (biology, chemistry, physic).

Perhaps my perception is limited but i think our math are more advanced that ours others sciences. And that makes us useless.
>>
>>9124786
math is not useless without application, for application is born from comparing mathematical ideals to reality.
>>
All we would get is a bunch of /r9k/ tier aliens on /sci/.
>>
The probability of us making contact with another civilization that's anywhere near intelligence parity is just about zero. Either the other civilization will be beating each other over the head with space rocks, or they'll float there wondering why the hell we haven't evolved past our meat bodies yet.
>>
>>9124778
Aliens honestly wouldn't bother. We know that ants are intelligent and have their own ecosystem, but we wouldn't bother explaining mathematics to them. They simply could not comprehend.
>>
>>9124873
>the intelligence = technology meme
I am laffin at you
>>
I'll be happy if we have a mars colony by the time I die

It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing
>>
>>9124873
Depends man, if they come via huge fleets that traveled by thrusting over centuries or eons.. yea they're pretty much a big deal and finding us won't mean they'll just pass by.

If they come by warping, worm holes - then they could've just been lucky or had a good economical / political structure that allowed them to focus on such a project and technologically could be just decades more advanced than us.
>>
>>9125702
I never said anything about technology you simpleton.

>>9125910

Trying to associate our sense of what's feasible onto aliens who are capable of long-distance travel between the stars is silly. Hell, 500 years ago everyone thought the Sun revolved around the Earth. Within 500 years wr have accomplished amazing and great things. Then imagine you meet aliens which have been evolved at the rate we are now, except extrapolate that by about 1,000,000. Now try to comprehend the things that they will know, or the technology they would have. Even in 500 years our very language has changed and evolved to evoke more complex emotion due to higher intelligence, more complex thought processes etc.

Aliens talking to us would be like us going back in time trying to explain the internet to a caveman.
>>
>>9125970
even so that isn't necessarily impossible. aliens would have found a way to talk to a caveman, maybe even to inanimate objects. there are things about knowledge we haven't grasped.
>>
>>9125976

The point I'm making is that why would they want to? What possible reason would be even want to know what cavemen did when we have more pressing things to worry about? Then imagine what aliens think about, probably their massive intergalactic empire or fighting an apocalyptic race war or something. They honestly wouldn't have a shit - especially regarding an aliens species' development...

People think they're so important... so special. An alien would think about your life the same we we think about a amoeba's.
>>
>>9125982
No need to make us sound so judgemental.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.