[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright sci, bear with me on this, but. I live in Oregon; somewhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 0,1462,sz=1&i=319602,00.jpg (261KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
0,1462,sz=1&i=319602,00.jpg
261KB, 680x680px
Alright sci, bear with me on this, but. I live in Oregon; somewhere near where the band of totality for the eclipse had occurred (but just barely outside of it). I was walking to the store to get groceries while hoping I'd find some glasses; sure enough, a woman let me use hers. I also took some photos of the sun, as well as photos of the projections of the eclipse in the shadows of nearby trees. Yet...in the 20-25 seconds of optimal darkness, I observed something very odd in the ground (everywhere on the ground, not necessarily in the tree shadows). I noticed very, very, very subtle, dim, yet silver strands of dancing light; millions of these dancing and twirling during this short time span. I suspected it was some representation of the sun's own corona on the ground, but I'm not so sure. Google doesn't yield any answers with the search criteria I've tested. Has anyone else ever made this observation? Can anyone corroborate or explain mine? Thanks.
>>
>>9121950
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/exploring-shadow-bands

Here you go
>>
>>9121958
Thanks, this sounds (and appears) exactly like what I saw. It was sort of a mystical-like surprise seeing them as the day got really dark.
>>
Although, I should note that what I saw was not shadow bands moving in parallel, but in a massive jumble. It was more akin to slivers of silvery light moving among one another in a complete disorder.
>>
File: doubt it.jpg (32KB, 624x417px) Image search: [Google]
doubt it.jpg
32KB, 624x417px
>>9121950
We saw shadow bands as well, looked like ripples of light reflected off water, moving towrd the eclipse. Had never heard of them, but one of the guys watching the show where we were was a meteorologist, and had spread a white sheet out on the ground to make them more obvious.
>>
>>9122003
That might have been the result of some pocket of turbulence above you roiling the light -- same phenomenon that makes stars twinkle.

But I still lean mostly to something associated with shadow bands -- maybe you caught the moment just as they were getting organized?
>>
>>9121950

I was listening to reports of the eclipse on the radio, and they talked to a wew lad, aged ten. They asked him to describe the eclipse. He was sperging out, normal for his age and situation, and he managed

-Um, it's er-um really I mean it's really, er, um, it's really fun

I busted out laughing. I couldn't help but think of the old Tim and Eric sketch
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.