[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do experimental cancer treatments ever work? I heep hearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hca.jpg (89KB, 650x391px) Image search: [Google]
hca.jpg
89KB, 650x391px
Do experimental cancer treatments ever work? I heep hearing stories about people who say the NHS "gave up on them" so they sold their house to fund treatment in America. 6 months later there is always a silent announcement that they died. These clinics sound like scams to me.

I think the public needs to be educated that once cancer spreads it's over and sometimes no treatment gives less suffering than treatment. My advice to you if you ever get cancer (God forbid) and the doctors say it's hopeless is to find a nice hospice that's stocked up on good pain meds.

This is a really sad story
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4805490/Teenager-battling-cancer-makes-emotional-plea-200k.
A quick google of the German clinic he is desperate to go to reveals that it's a total scam
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2016/11/08/the-deadly-false-hope-of-german-cancer-clinics/
Poor kid is going to die, curse those who gave him false hope for a profit.
>>
>dailymail
Are you actually retarded
>>
I've heard of one experimental treatment success story where they trained a person's immune system to attack cancer cells. The reaction was immediate and so severe that they almost died of fever as their body dissolved and ate the tumor protruding from their skull. Within 48 hours the protrusion had shrank, and the tumor was gone.
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
Starvation, or fasting, counts as an experimental treatment and has been shown to produce results. I believe it has mostly been tested as combined with chemo though, the idea being that if we expose cancer cells to additional stress, in the form of lack of nutrients, sugar and fat, they can't handle it. While it really does seem to get the desired effect, it's quite difficult to have doctors push a non-profit idea.
>>
>>9117021
>starve cancer patients
You are worse than Hitler.
>>
>>9116982
tumour shrinkage =/= cure. How long did the person live for afterwards?
>>
>>9117032
Complete remission. I hope you get cancer and then follow your own advice.
>>
>>9117199
>one case
>haven't stated if he passed the 5 year mark
And thanks, I was only trying to be helpful. It may sound defeatist but it's good advice. Enjoy your pointless chemo I guess.
>>
>>9117365
There are several cases like this using multiple methods and techniques that all revolve around training ones immune system to kill cancer cells. The general idea is being called immunotherapy. Who knows, maybe in 50 years cancer may just be another disease we all get vaccinated for.
>>
>>9117028
That's the problem with cancer. There isn't a clear dividing line between where the patient ends and the cancer begins. You basically have to try to get as close as possible to killing the patient without really killing them and hope the cancer was killed in the process.
>>
>>9117401
>You basically have to try to get as close as possible to killing the patient without really killing them and hope the cancer was killed in the process.

JUST LIKE BLOOD LETTING!
>>
>>9116952

It isn't all scams. You just have to go to a reputable hospitable. My dad went to MD Anderson for experimental treatments for his cancer and got rid of his.
>>
the problem facing any alternative cancer treatment is that it's difficult to distinguish spontaneous remission and real treatment efficacy
>>
>>9117405
But we have computers now, that means we're in the future and science has been solved already.
>>
>>9117410
What was the cancer?
What was the stage when he went?
How long since he had the treatment?
>>
>>9117716

Sarcoma.
Don't know. They don't use the stage system there. It was in his gut, on the pancreas, and stomach. The treatment caused it to basically slide off his organs. He had to get surgury a couple years after as there is low grade studf that could go aggressive at any time.
>>
>>9118357
Well I'm happy for your dad, I hope he lives many years.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.