[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://ed.ted.com/lessons/can-you- solve-the-three-gods-rid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

https://ed.ted.com/lessons/can-you-solve-the-three-gods-riddle-alex-gendler?utm_campaign=social&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=lesson&utm_term=math
>>
>>9116894
take your clickbait elsewhere
>>
File: 4e2.jpg (139KB, 680x805px)
4e2.jpg
139KB, 680x805px
>>9116894
Kek God
>>
File: file.png (216KB, 781x380px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
216KB, 781x380px
OP should have posted this part.
>>
>>9118235
Doesn't say what the riddle is though...
>>
>>9118236
Oh, forgot that. The riddle is that you have to pair the three artifacts with the three gods, and those are the rules.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2KB, 254x64px)
Untitled.png
2KB, 254x64px
>>9118243
Hmm,

First ask "Are any of these artifacts yours?"
Get yes from Tee and no from Eff, so now you know which is which.

Then I suppose you pick artifact one and two, ask if either of them are yours.
Then take replace one with artifact three, and ask if either of those two are yours.

Then you can figure out based on the answers which is Tee's and which is Eff's, then the remaining one must be Arr's.

>pic related
>>
>>9118266
Oh ignore me, I just reread the rules, the questions are only to one alien.
>>
>>9118235
It'd be fairly easy to learn what ulu and ozo mean by asking Tee "does three plus four equal 8?", but then you only have 2 questions left, and that's not enough to always determine which artifact belongs to whom (I mean I couldn't come up with a way to determine that through 2 questions, maybe there is one, and then the task is trivial). It seems to me that you have to come up with a scheme where each question asks about the owner of the artifacts, and after asking the three questions, you also learn what ulu and ozo mean.
It seems to me that Tee and Eff are pretty much equally useful, while Arr is absolutely useless, since his random answers carry no information, so I kind of feel like you can get away with asking all questions from Tee, maybe you have to chain them somehow ("would Arr say ... about ... and if so ..."). Rule 6 seems to suggest that you have to base your next questions on the answers you already got.
>>
>>9116894
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgmgub8mHw
>>
File: file.png (138KB, 701x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
138KB, 701x370px
>>9118243
They say that, then they ask this. I think they're implying that you know which is Tee's artifact etc. but if so they did a bad job of presentation by not making that explicit.
>>
>>9121222
Also, if you don't know which artifact is Tee's etc., then it's insolvable because the first god you ask a question to could be Arr, at which point you still have 6 possible artifact-god pairings and only 4 possible responses to your questions.
>>
>>9116894
TEDEd is crap. Look at this one and see if you can find the mistake in their answer:

https://ed.ted.com/lessons/can-you-solve-the-frog-riddle-derek-abbott
>>
>>9121222
Oh shit, so you have to figure out which alien is which, and not which artifact is whose. I wasted like an hour thinking about a possibly unsolvable version of the riddle lmao.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.